SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 200 rounds thru my 229 and have double feeds every magazine. Had this happened to anyone else? I have been using Winchester Ranger ammo and never had this issue with my old non legion sig. Any thoughts before I send it back to Sig for a check up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
9,114 Posts
By double feed, do you mean that the case that was fired remains in the chamber and the next round stripped from the magazine bonks into it? (Failure to Extract)

Or is the fired case getting extracted but not ejected, so that it blocks the new round that's stripped from the magazine from chambering properly? (A stovepipe)

There is a double feed phenomenon that is more rare, and is typically caused by a magazine problem such as bent feed lips. This might occur as the impact of the slide reaching it's aft travel jars a round up out of the magazine, then the slide forward movement strips the next round out of the magazine and you have two unfired rounds mucking up the system.

A picture or better description of what's going on would help, please.

· Registered
232 Posts
I have about 200 rounds thru my 229 and have double feeds every magazine. Had this happened to anyone else? I have been using Winchester Ranger ammo and never had this issue with my old non legion sig. Any thoughts before I send it back to Sig for a check up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How's your extractor? Is it damaged or is there something obstructing it?

· Registered
7,973 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk!! Yeah, Mr Bumper is asking good questions, because the term 'double feed' can mean a bunch of different issues. More often than not, failures in new P series guns are extractor problems, where they'll change the extractor, & may be the spring too. But, it really doesn't matter - 'cause you need to call SIG.

They'll email you a Fedex 2 day shipping label. You'll need to put your gun & original mags into its plastic SIG case. I usually write a brief note to the gunsmith with the RMA number and what's wrong with the gun, the type of ammo I'd prefer he test with, etc. Unlike HK, SIG doesn't let us talk directly with their gunsmiths and this is just something I do, it's not really necessary.

Then pack the SIG case in a box and take it to your nearest Fedex location.

It's usually in Exeter in couple days, it'll be there ~5 work days and couple days return trip. Depending on weekends & holidays, it's usually a 2 or 3 week turnaround.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.