SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Today, is arrived the p320 compact small blk frame.
Fits well in my hand, I love the easy way to swap the frame, I love the gun a lot (2000rounds with out issue at all with medium frame )
Now with the small frame a Issue, same slide same FCU, only with the frame change.
A DOUBLE CLICK ISSUE and a fail to fire on the range.
The double click is audible a lot when dry firing, before a very crisp trigger, now, first click release the striker and second for reset the sear.
"Is normal, this is how the p320 works..." no, have to work like before, with striker release and after a millimeter the sear reset.
Is not only no good in dry firing, but on the range, I have fail to reset fail to fire, for the fail to reset the sear.
Is a new p320, manufactured in 2017.
This issue persist from 2014/2015 and in not fixed yet?!
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please guys... i can't call sig, beacause i live in italy so, is not possible for me call sig support in USA.

i have to trust my life into this gun, but is not reliable at all.

the space between the first click (release the striker) and the second (reset the sear) is 2 3 millimeters, and is to much, and this cause the fail to reset and a fail to fire!

how i can resolve it? i think depend from trigger bar and frame! because the same FCU in the medium frame, work fine.

thank you

·
Registered
556 Posts
This problem has been reported when dry firing but not so much when live firing.

Is your problem only when dry firing?

Have you tested it during live fire?

Sorry, it was not clear to me from your post.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This problem has been reported when dry firing but not so much when live firing.

Is your problem only when dry firing?

Have you tested it during live fire?

Sorry, it was not clear to me from your post.

when dry firing...so audible

when firing in the range, fail to reset.

when i dry fire, if i push the trigger and i hear only the firts click, manual cycle the gun like a real shot, and fail to reset, the same happen on the range.

why on the medium frame i have a clean single brake/click, and on the small one, i have two click, whn i pull the trigger, first click (strong click for release the striker) and after a 2 millimiters of travel, the second click (le audible, for resetting the sear)

is dangerous! in a gun fight, i push the trigger, fire, but not reach the second click for resetting the sear (for example for stress i don't pussh all way back the trigger) , the gun doesn't shoot, is not normal!

·
Registered
556 Posts
when dry firing...so audible

when firing in the range, fail to reset.

when i dry fire, if i push the trigger and i hear only the firts click, manual cycle the gun like a real shot, and fail to reset, the same happen on the range.

why on the medium frame i have a clean single brake/click, and on the small one, i have two click, whn i pull the trigger, first click (strong click for release the striker) and after a 2 millimiters of travel, the second click (le audible, for resetting the sear)

is dangerous! in a gun fight, i push the trigger, fire, but not reach the second click for resetting the sear (for example for stress i don't pussh all way back the trigger) , the gun doesn't shoot, is not normal!
Mine does it when dry firing but not when live firing. Not sure what to tell you other than leave the medium grip on.

I saw a thread about this a few months ago and it had some good information. I suggest going into the subforum for P250/P320 and searching for some of this older threads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does it when dry firing but not when live firing. Not sure what to tell you other than leave the medium grip on.

I saw a thread about this a few months ago and it had some good information. I suggest going into the subforum for P250/P320 and searching for some of this older threads.
your p320 doesn't it when you on live firing because is not possible to feel it. on the first click, the gun shoots, so you can't feel the second click, but for a reason (no full trigger pull, a full pull after the slide cycle...) you don't pull all way the trigger, the second round, doesn't fire. like a lot of threads and video of fail to reset.

·
Registered
556 Posts
your p320 doesn't it when you on live firing because is not possible to feel it. on the first click, the gun shoots, so you can't feel the second click, but for a reason (no full trigger pull, a full pull after the slide cycle...) you don't pull all way the trigger, the second round, doesn't fire. like a lot of threads and video of fail to reset.
I was concerned with this problem when I first got my P320 FS. Especially since my P320 CA never had the second click. I make sure to pay attention. It is very noticeable, and it does not happen when live firing. Its not just that I cant feel it.

It only happens when I am trying really hard to pull the trigger slowly, and when I and too focused on the reset. If I just pull the trigger normally, I never get the second click.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was concerned with this problem when I first got my P320 FS. Especially since my P320 CA never had the second click. I make sure to pay attention. It is very noticeable, and it does not happen when live firing. Its not just that I cant feel it.

It only happens when I am trying really hard to pull the trigger slowly, and when I and too focused on the reset. If I just pull the trigger normally, I never get the second click.
exactly... with medium frame, two click when i pull slowly, but soo near and you can feel it but is soo light.

with small, a lot of distance between first and second click

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every 2 or 3 days, a post related to fail to RESET the trigger.

guys, i don't know why sig set the reset with trigger and not like standard striker fired pistol, so with the slide movement.

Fail to reset is a common issue, because the double click on the trigger!.

the first click and second click are too spaced, so sometimes, you push only the first click or you push the second too late. and fail to reset and fasil to fire.

there are a solutions?

i know, a lot of p320 has this "problem" of double clicks, but normally is so near between so you have not fail to reset. but if they are soo spaced. no good.

if you send your p320 on sig CS, resolve this problem, reduce the gap between the two click and all ok.

but if you aren't able to ship your sig at CS, how i can do?

thank you

·
Registered
571 Posts
Every 2 or 3 days, a post related to fail to RESET the trigger.

guys, i don't know why sig set the reset with trigger and not like standard striker fired pistol, so with the slide movement.

Fail to reset is a common issue, because the double click on the trigger!.

the first click and second click are too spaced, so sometimes, you push only the first click or you push the second too late. and fail to reset and fasil to fire.

there are a solutions?

i know, a lot of p320 has this "problem" of double clicks, but normally is so near between so you have not fail to reset. but if they are soo spaced. no good.

if you send your p320 on sig CS, resolve this problem, reduce the gap between the two click and all ok.

but if you aren't able to ship your sig at CS, how i can do?

thank you
Listen man, I understand that you're unhappy with the current state of your P320 when you swap on the Small grip module, but there's literally nothing we can do for you. You claim it works fine with the medium, so your choice are as follows:

Either find another Small grip module and hope that one works better for your FCU

Or

Figure out a way to send your pistol back to Sig for them to look at it.

Bumping your thread twice a day and ranting about how it's not working is not going to change the reality of your situation.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Listen man, I understand that you're unhappy with the current state of your P320 when you swap on the Small grip module, but there's literally nothing we can do for you. You claim it works fine with the medium, so your choice are as follows:

Either find another Small grip module and hope that one works better for your FCU

Or

Figure out a way to send your pistol back to Sig for them to look at it.

Bumping your thread twice a day and ranting about how it's not working is not going to change the reality of your situation.
I have to agree with this ^^^^^.

Stefano, I am sorry for your troubles, but you may consider taking a step back and taking a deep breath. Most problems are resolvable, and usually its easier with a clear head.

So can you explain why you cant contact SIG customer service again please? I understand if international calls are difficult, but what about email? They can respond and can probably call you instead.

Also, there are a few threads on this problem. Did you go into the archives and find those? From what I recall, there were some good solutions there. If so, have you tried those solutions already?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to agree with this ^^^^^.

Stefano, I am sorry for your troubles, but you may consider taking a step back and taking a deep breath. Most problems are resolvable, and usually its easier with a clear head.

So can you explain why you cant contact SIG customer service again please? I understand if international calls are difficult, but what about email? They can respond and can probably call you instead.

Also, there are a few threads on this problem. Did you go into the archives and find those? From what I recall, there were some good solutions there. If so, have you tried those solutions already?

because, i can't find sig support email, only phone calls.

i want to know if is resolvable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're saying this issue only surfaces when using a SC frame? But using a different frame resolves the issue?
not the SC but Compact small, with medium all ok.

thank you
Oh ok. That is interesting. I have heard in the past that the double click issue could be associated with different grip modules. Your post seems to confirm that (at least for your pistol).

I'd keep the medium frame on it for now if the gun works perfectly with it, and see about swapping that small frame out for another one.
Doesn't SIG have an Italian branch you can get a hold of?
Have you looked online for it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh ok. That is interesting. I have heard in the past that the double click issue could be associated with different grip modules. Your post seems to confirm that (at least for your pistol).

I'd keep the medium frame on it for now if the gun works perfectly with it, and see about swapping that small frame out for another one.
Doesn't SIG have an Italian branch you can get a hold of?
Have you looked online for it?

the very interesting thing is, here we have a good support for the original sig sauer from germany, but not for the new product like p250 p320 made in USA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.