SIG Talk banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
switching from a rifle to a handgun i have had to adjust to this exact issue, first few days I was shooting low and could not understand it, this was my same issue and im workng on it now to adjst my vison

·
Registered
23 Posts
No. It doesn’t shoot low at all. In fact my Scorpion P220 is the most accurate pistol I own. I can consistently hit a steel pie plate at 50m with no sight picture adjustment. It’s hands down the best pistol I own. I’ve never heard of this low hitting shots problem. Training, I believe, plays a huge part in how accurate a person is with their firearms. Watch YouTube videos, dry fire train, take a shooting course. Any of these will make you a better shooter if you train properly. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
The pistol is always blamed. Everyone here knows its the shooter 99.9 % of the time. Try telling that to most shooters tho lol. They say, I been shooting since I was a kid, 30-40, years blah blah, thats the things you hear. . So I have a friend who has a line of creds a mile long which I wont even bother mentioning. So what he does is set up video and he loads the shooters mags. randomly there is a snap cap or 2 maybe even 3 on higher cap mags. BAM proofs in the pudding. The look on their faces when watching the replay as the snap cap hits. Such an awesome way to distinguish bad technique. Ive seen many a shooter that has changed sights, did this did that all because they cant look inward FIRST. No problem can be corrected before its identified.
COACH: You struck out 3 times today...
PLAYER: Yeah somethings wrong with the bat, its defective Coach.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed with everything you just said. I’ve been shooting with a buddy like that. He was squawking about how his sights were off on his 1911 and he wasn’t hitting any targets at all. I asked if I could try it and proceeded to hit a target with every round. The look of disbelief on his face haha. He was one of those “I’ve been shooting my whole life” kinda guys.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
My p365 shoots low at 15 yards so I am above the bullseye. My other guns including the sigs that I owned all shot fine. I have no issues with the p365 but just aim higher

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Beretta 92fs had the same combat sight picture that you had use. Not hard to get use to at all. My Sig P226 is a 40sw and it seems this is less of an issue!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a new 226 with the standard 3 dot sights , i have tried to do the combat hold covering the target with the front sight and it hits about 3” low at 15 yards. My problem is all my other pistols are set for center hold (combat hold to me is like trying to land an airplane without being able to see the runway) and my problem is that sig discontinued making anything but the #6 and #8 sights. So i guess if you shoot differently your Out of luck.
I’m not knocking Sig it is a fine firearm i just don’t understand why i had to buy Springfield XD sights to acquire the proper sight picture for me. I have read this complaint On many different forums ,that is where i learned about using the XD sight. This is a fine Pistol i just wish sig would make the full array of sight they used to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My P320 is dead on, P229 shoots a little low. The P320 has 8 / 8 sights, the P229 has 6 / 8. Im pretty sure it's me that's stinkin' though

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 250s shoot 1” above the front sight at 10m.
The 229s/226s are right ON the front dot at 10 m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
Part of the problem is distance from the target. Of course a Sig will shoot low at 3 or 4 or 5 yards, any pistol will for obvious reasons, but there is a crossover point at which they'll be dead on and from that point they'll hit high for a few yards and then start hitting low.

The whole thing is tied to distance. The Sigs I own, 9 handguns, mostly shoot to point of aim with the traditional sight picture at 10 yards. I don't use the "combat sight picture" for anything I shoot and won't as I'm not going to shoot closer than 10 yards.

If I ever get a Sig that shoots low at 10 yards, I'll change out the sights so it won't.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Part of the problem is distance from the target. Of course a Sig will shoot low at 3 or 4 or 5 yards, any pistol will for obvious reasons, but there is a crossover point at which they'll be dead on and from that point they'll hit high for a few yards and then start hitting low.
Thanks for this. I added in a quick blurb about distance. This post is not meant for the likes you (of course). It's meant for the many first time shooters or first time Sig owners than end up here and often have numerous problems going on (most often trigger control and sight picture misunderstanding). I appreciate the input to make the post more complete.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was a little worried that when I switched my P226 from 40sw to 9mm id have sighting problems but from 20yds to under 10 yds there seems to be no change in sight picture so far with ball (115 gr) ammo.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts