SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m sorry, all - didn’t mean to bring up a contentious issue, I was just knowledge-seeking. Mine works just fine; I just couldn’t figure out why it was different than my M17. No complaints, no other issues - I guess it’s just implemented differently. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone asked why would you want/need the safety to engage before the striker. It would be just another added measure of safety to be able to rack the pistol and load a cartridge without worry that the striker would fire upon release of the slide. I just got my 365 a few days ago. I already see myself racking the pistol with the magazine removed, setting the safety and then installing the magazine. This would allow me to chamber a round with the safety engaged.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My P365 MS was bought through Davidson’s and delivered to local store. The store clerk and I could not engage the safety no matter how hard we tried. The pistol was cocked. During our struggles I tried using the lever on the opposite side and it moved easily up and down. Other side still would not move. I refused it and Sent it back. the replacement worked fine. Great little pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
On my P365 the safety will not engage if the weapon is uncocked. On my P365XL it will engage either time.
I’ve heard this from others and don’t understand.
Don’t both guns use the same FCU?

·
Registered
991 Posts
While every gun should always be considered loaded, this function of the safety could act as a "loaded gun indicator". My P320 M18 and my P320 X-Compact each have an actual chambered round indicator. TG

·
Registered
169 Posts
While every gun should always be considered loaded, this function of the safety could act as a "loaded gun indicator". My P320 M18 and my P320 X-Compact each have an actual chambered round indicator. TG
That only guarantees the gun is “cocked”, not that there’s a round in the chamber.

But there is a cut at the top of the chamber that lets you see if there’s a round in there.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Apparently they must have changed the FCU to allow pre-cock safety engagement. My June 2019 model will only engage post-cock. 😉
I tried to engage post-cock one time and she slapped me so hard I couldn’t focus on my front sight for days!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Apparently they must have changed the FCU to allow pre-cock safety engagement. My June 2019 model will only engage post-cock. 😉
This was already mentioned in another thread. If your pistol has the little reset spring in the striker assembly the safety will behave differently. It will allow the safety to engage with the weapon uncocked and the slide will not retract. Removing the reset spring will cause the striker to shift position and allow the safety to behave the "old" way again.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This was already mentioned in another thread. If your pistol has the little reset spring in the striker assembly the safety will behave differently. It will allow the safety to engage with the weapon uncocked and the slide will not retract. Removing the reset spring will cause the striker to shift position and allow the safety to behave the "old" way again.
Are we sure about this?

My P365 has that little spring but the safety won’t engage if the gun isn’t cocked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My March 2021 P365 will only engage the safety if the FCU is cocked. I read that in June 2021 Sig Sauer changed the FCU so the safety could be engaged in either condition.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Believe you have this flipped flopped. My new X, June date if I recall correctly does not have the reset spring and it doesn't matter what condition the gun is in for it to engage. Confirmed by Sig that is correct operation for the newest production.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I picked up a P365 MS yesterday and noticed that after pulling the trigger, I can’t re-engage the safety until and unless I rack the side again. Since I’m kind of a baboon when it comes to these things, I thought I’d ask the forum: is this by design?
I think the thread has answered this question fairly completely. To add a data point, my P365 MS, BOD 02/26/2021, will not engage the safety until the striker is cocked. Since brand new the safety lever has operated smoothly in both directions, with a firm and positive click.

·
Registered
M17+M18+XCarry+Various Parts = Three frankensigs
570 Posts
If the firearm is not charged, it won’t fire. Therefore, it’s safe to carry without the safety. If charged, then the safety would be useful and prohibit the ability to fire until unlocked. I’m not sure I see that as a problem or a bad design?
Do you have to pull the trigger to decock the striker? If so how do you unload it and get back to the empty chamber not cocked state?

If you have to pull the trigger to do that it sounds a little glockish..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do you have to pull the trigger to decock the striker? If so how do you unload it and get back to the empty chamber not cocked state?

If you have to pull the trigger to do that it sounds a little glockish..
Yes, you have to pull the trigger to decock since there is no physical access to the stricker.

That also means you must rack the slide to cock it, so you can’t carry decocked with a round in the chamber, if that’s what you’re thinking.

Not Glockish; strikerish… 😎

·
Registered
M17+M18+XCarry+Various Parts = Three frankensigs
570 Posts
Yes, you have to pull the trigger to decock since there is no physical access to the stricker.

That also means you must rack the slide to cock it, so you can’t carry decocked with a round in the chamber, if that’s what you’re thinking.

Not Glockish; strikerish… 😎
People use the p365 as a pocket gun, without a holster. The only safe way to carry like that is with an empty chamber.

So now it has this complicated safety where if it's in the wrong state and you go to rack the slide you can't. Not a happy situation if you're doing that in a defensive situation, and not just at the range.

If there is then an advantage in it being decocked that will result in pulling the trigger as part of your daily routine, or when reholstering.

I hate pulling the trigger for any reason other than to intentionally fire a gun.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts