SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a P365 MS yesterday and noticed that after pulling the trigger, I can’t re-engage the safety until and unless I rack the side again. Since I’m kind of a baboon when it comes to these things, I thought I’d ask the forum: is this by design?

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My M17 Bravo does not do this. Hmm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is by design. On the side note, is your safety smooth and easy to operate? Mine P365 went to Sig after it got so stiff that I thought it was stuck, they sent it back saying nothing wrong with it. It came back dripping oil, but my wife couldn’t flip it no matter how she tried. I flipped it a 100 times and instead of getting smoother, it got progressively stiffer, probably because lubrication was wearing off. If you need to be able to flip it with a wet or bleeding hand, forget about it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is by design. On the side note, is your safety smooth and easy to operate? Mine P365 went to Sig after it got so stiff that I thought it was stuck, they sent it back saying nothing wrong with it. It came back dripping oil, but my wife couldn’t flip it no matter how she tried. I flipped it a 100 times and instead of getting smoother, it got progressively stiffer, probably because lubrication was wearing off. If you need to be able to flip it with a wet or bleeding hand, forget about it.
been anxiously awaiting this gun. worked flawlessly first trip to the range. there is alot to like about this pistol. unfortunately, the safety is fickle. sometimes it disengages easily and other times it takes both hands to disengage. will make more range trips and clean and lube and see how it plays out. my P365 MS is definitely not ready for carrying. extremely disappointed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does work smoothly. I was just confused because my M17 Bravo didn’t exhibit this behavior, and I don’t know a whole lot about manual safeties on striker-fires.

Beautiful little pistol. Lordy, I do love me the way this one fits me. Going to the range tomorrow to break it in - will give it’s non-MS twin a breather!

Cheers all, thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't have a safety on my 365, but I do on my 1911... which also only works if the gun is cocked. It makes sense though. I don't know why you'd need, or want, a safety on if there wasn't a round in the chamber and the gun wasn't cocked.

I have no idea what happens to a gun with a de-cock lever, but the 365 doesn't have one. It's either cocked, or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You probably should call Sig. It would not get better. I have a sore thumb from trying to work it but it’s not getting smoother. They told me I’m the only one in the world who thinks there is an issue with manual safety and sent me the gun back doing nothing. I literally have to hit the gun on the edge of a box sometimes to disengage.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Wife got her 365 ms and we went to the range today. The other thing I learned about it today is if the safety is engaged you can not move the take down lever to remove the slide.
The gun performed perfectly fired an assortment of brands weight and jacket rounds(fmj,jhp.)
Also I had mentioned in a separate string , I thought my wife would be concerned about how rough the grip is. She carries appendix most of the time and only wears one shirt(some had recommended a undershirt) Forget that. She said it was too rough. So I have ordered the Hogue Hadall.sleeve for the gun.

She currently carries the sig 938 with the black rubber grips. This should make the gun more to her liking.
If not I will get a pocket holster for it and add to my rotation, for the times I am not able to carry my 320.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is your safety working compared with P938? My wife can easily work P938, but couldn’t flip it on P365 even if her life depended on it, even after it returned from Sig due to this issue. Called Sig today, they said to shot it a few hundreds of rounds in hope that safety will make smoother. They didn’t want me to ship it again as the gunsmith already said it’s normal.

Wife got her 365 ms and we went to the range today. The other thing I learned about it today is if the safety is engaged you can not move the take down lever to remove the slide.
The gun performed perfectly fired an assortment of brands weight and jacket rounds(fmj,jhp.)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
How is your safety working compared with P938? My wife can easily work P938, but couldn’t flip it on P365 even if her life depended on it, even after it returned from Sig due to this issue. Called Sig today, they said to shot it a few hundreds of rounds in hope that safety will make smoother. They didn’t want me to ship it again as the gunsmith already said it’s normal.
It is stiff, but she is able to move it. Goes to off position easier then to on. We both had to use thumb from left hand to push up to on position. The 938 has somewhere of 2k plus rounds through it and is not as tough to push to the on position but does take more strength then off position. Believe it has loosen up some from when it was new.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My wife and mine are semi easy to turn off the safety and kind of hard to put back on. Im sure it will ease over time. At least it wont flick off while carring.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My M17 Bravo does not do this. Hmm.
The 320 and 365 safety designs are totally different. For that reason they are able to offer retrofit kits for the 365 and not the 320.
They do?? Ok, now I *really* feel like a baboon. Can you help a brother out and point me in the right direction to find out more?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
They do?? Ok, now I *really* feel like a baboon. Can you help a brother out and point me in the right direction to find out more?

Sorry but no. It came out last week during a conversation between George Harris and Ron Cohen. While the 320 is a mod to the FCU apparently the 365 is an add on. Never seen it myself.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No worries. I will keep searching, intrigued now...

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I know that this must be a stupid question...
BUT
What does the manual say?

OK I looked...

3.2 Manual Safety–Equipped Pistols
The SIG P365 is offered with an optional ambidextrous manual safety. The manual safety mechanically blocks the sear assembly, preventing release of the striker.To engage the manual safety, rotate the manual safety lever upward with the thumb of your firing hand. The manual safety is ambidextrous. Pressing up on the lever from either side will rotate the opposite lever upward, as well, engaging the manual safety. You can still manipulate the slide with the manual safety engaged. To disengage the manual safety, push down on the manual safety lever from either side.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,118 Posts
Isn't the key sentence "the manual safety mechanically blocks the sear assembly, preventing the release of the striker". If the striker is not engaged why would you need to block the sear assembly to prevent the striker from releasing when it can't.

Reactions: MYMOMSSON

·
Registered
572 Posts
It would appear the MS just adds one more component that can be problematic. Makes me wonder about Sig QC on these guns where it takes both hands to move the safety, oil or no oil.

Reactions: Luckypup
1 - 20 of 51 Posts