SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Does Anyone Have A CZ?

12K views 221 replies 68 participants last post by  ChrisNC1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I’ll be picking up my first CZ (75D PCR Compact) here soon. I’ve researched CZ quite a bit and I really like the all metal, DA/SA, no safety with a de-cocker set up. I’m interested in your experience with CZ pistols and anything that you think I might need to know. I appreciate your thoughts!

Update: I shot the PCR on 8/13/22 and well, let’s say that I see a few more of them in my safe in the not so distant future. It shoots like a dream with quick follow ups. You all probably already know, I believe that the low bore axis does make a positive and noticeable difference on decreasing muzzle flip. What a great gun.

#2 · (Edited)
A good number of CZ shooters here, myself included. PCR is a great carry gun. Should be good to go out of the box, but lots of people like to customize with grips, etc. Most popular are G10 replacements from LOK Grips or VZ Grips. I tend to prefer the straight G10's over the palm-swell rubbers treat come stock.

#5 ·
A good number of CZ shooters here, myself included. PCR is a great carry gun. Should be good to go out of the box, but lots of people like to customize with grips, etc. Most popular are G10 replacements fromLOK Grips or VZ Grips. I tend to prefer the straight G10's over the palm-swell rubbers treat come stock.
Ok, that’s great to know; I appreciate it. How about upgrading the sights? I’ve looked for Trijicon HDs but really couldn’t find anything that might fit. I did see some on Cajun Gun Works that I’m looking at right now.
It’s easy to imagine that there would be quite a few CZ shooters here as it seems like an easy transition between Sig and CZ.

#6 ·
I have a CZ SP01 Shadow. Its a great shooter but I hated the curved trigger it came with and got a replacement from Cajun Gun woks that I like a whole lot better. Kind of complicated to replace though just so you know. Good luck with it, CZ makes fine guns.

Their customer service was not as good as some other companies I have dealt with though as they seem simply not to respond to emails but that was a few years ago.

Mine with the new trigger.

#15 ·
CZ's rank right up there with Sig & Beretta. This is a CZ SP-01 shadow that was done at the custom shop. SA only. I love the straight trigger!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
I was a senior staff member on the CZ forum for a number of years, and stayed close to what was going on, there, and in the business. Several years back, I dropped out of active participation on the forum to return to college, to work on a graduate degree while I continued working full time, with an eye to teaching when I finished the degree. I did finish my degree, retired, but I didn't return to the CZ Forum. I maintain an interest in the topic and try to keep up on news and developments related to CZ.

While I really like CZs, I have a number of other guns, including a T-series BHP, several Glocks, several SIG, and an exceptional M&P Pro. I also have a custom AT-84s. I only have one CZ at the moment, a Satin Nickel 85 Combat, with a Kadet Kit. I have no experience with the new Omega Trigger system or the P-07 or P-09 guns; hope to remedy that shortcoming one of these days.
If you haven't joined the CZ Forum, you should. http://www.czforumsite.info/

Go to the CZ Forum, and you'll get answers to almost any CZ-related question -- either from members there, or from CZ employees who are on call to answer questions, generally through ties to the CZ Custom Shop, the manger of which (Angus Hobdell) is a regular participant on the forum.

At one time, I had a satin nickel Compact; nice gun, but a bit heavier than I wanted for concealed carry; they didn't offer an alloy version with SAFETY back then. Here's a picture of that gun -- it's gorgeous. That's a Witness extended slide release; sold it with the gun -- wish I had kept it. Also had Meprolight night sights and Flame Ambione grips. (Hakan Pek made the grips, and someone else checkered them; don't remember who did that second step. I won them in a CZ Forum contest.)
Right on, thank you. I couldn’t see a picture on your post but, I surmise it is a really nice pistol. I bet that 85 combat is a machine to behold. I’m just learning a little more about CZ and all of their offerings, but to me, it’s an easy leap from Sig to CZ. Don’t get me wrong. I am still first and foremost a Sig guy. However, I am a little disappointed in the reduced production of the classic P series pistols. So I decided to diversify into a similar quality, make, and function, that being CZ. Also CZ is a bit lighter on the wallet which I cannot complain about. I appreciate your thoughts.

#22 ·
Wow! That is a great collection. Um, I really hope mine doesn’t expand to that degree. We’ll let me take that back. I hope to have a collection approaching that depth at some point in time.

What kind of safe is that and what is your dehumidification set up? I have a Liberty Centurion 18 gun. I’m running a 12” golden rod, 3 Hornady silica packs, and Zerust capsules. The humidity in my safe is averaging about 45%. So I’m happy with that.

#24 ·
It's full auto. The safety has an extra position. Only few of these CZ 75 Auto have been made.

It's not suppressed; the original barrel only has some compensation holes.

#28 ·
Sure, I have the CZ Shadow 2 and a Scorpion. I've had no issues with either. Built like a tank and
accurate. I did change out the grips on the Shadow. Lok Grips make some great replacements.

If you're interested on something like the Shadow (75), you might want to check your used
market before buying new. I saw one locally for $800. No idea why they're selling so cheap,
but I guess they have their reasons (or it's bogus).

#29 ·
Sure, I have the CZ Shadow 2 and a Scorpion. I've had no issues with either. Built like a tank and
accurate. I did change out the grips on the Shadow. Lok Grips make some great replacements.

If you're interested on something like the Shadow (75), you might want to check your used
market before buying new. I saw one locally for $800. No idea why they're selling so cheap,
but I guess they have their reasons (or it's bogus).
Right on, I need to research all the different models and sub-models. It seems like CZ has a great balance between all key factors: quality, durability, accuracy, and affordability.

#30 ·
CZ makes excellent firearms.

I have not started acquiring any of their handguns yet, but I love my CZ512 American rifle and my wife is a big fan of her CZ Redhead in 20 gauge. Of the 2, she runs a lot more rounds through her CZ, as it's her primary skeet gun.

I like guns that function well, look good, and are priced where they won't break the bank....and both of these long guns fit the bill. I guess that's true of many CZs. They are good value....a lot of gun for the money.

#31 ·
i have 2 CZ P07s and a P10s. all are fantastic guns. the P10s is a superb carry piece and one of the most accurate subcompacts i have ever fired. a lot of the CZ DA/SA triggers require a bit of tweaking as they can be quite heavy and creepy from the factory. a spring kit from mcarb or cajun gun works usually does the trick.

#35 ·
Classic CZs have some of the best grips out of the box, but the factory rubber grips tends to get sticky. I carry the P-01 and use G10 grips on it. Aftermarket support is great from CGW, you can easily and safely achieve something like 3lb single 6-7lb double with the CGW carry package. Optics milling options for almost all optics are available despite having a very thin slide.
Wood Air gun Trigger Font Gun barrel

#41 ·
Classic CZs have some of the best grips out of the box, but the factory rubber grips tends to get sticky. I carry the P-01 and use G10 grips on it. Aftermarket support is great from CGW, you can easily and safely achieve something like 3lb single 6-7lb double with the CGW carry package. Optics milling options for almost all optics are available despite having a very thin slide.
View attachment 468969
That is a nice collection you have there, impressive. Thanks for the heads up on the trigger action.

#36 ·
I have a CZ 75 Tactical and a Shadow 2. They have the same slide to frame engagement design (low profile) as the SIG P210 designed by Charles Petter. it's high precision and contributes to the accuracy of these pistols.

There are quite a few after market enhancements available to these pistols thanks to their use in tactical competition (USPSA and IDPA).

Reactions: ChrisNC1
#42 ·
I have a CZ 75 Tactical and a Shadow 2. They have the same slide to frame engagement design (low profile) as the SIG P210 designed by Charles Petter. it's high precision and contributes to the accuracy of these pistols.

There are quite a few after market enhancements available to these pistols thanks to their use in tactical competition (USPSA and IDPA).
Right on, I keep hearing about the low bore axis because of the rails being on the inside of the frame. That should equal a really good shooter and most people say the same thing about them.

#37 ·
I've owned a few CZ firearms. I still own some but all of them are long guns. Several CZ550 rifles, a 22WMR and a CZ1012 shotgun. I was never particularly impressed with any CZ handgun I've owned. CZ75, CZ75 compact and a couple of CZ97's. The CZ75 never lived up to the hype in my experience. It was a good gun and fit my hand well but the functioning and accuracy weren't anything special. The triggers on all the CZ pistols I owned were somewhere between ok and adequate. This is coming from a guy that NEVER has trigger work done. I'm usually satisfied with the stock triggers on my guns. Yes, some are better than others but most are acceptable. Like I said, in my experience CZ75/97 triggers are just acceptable. Overall I liked the 97 better than the 75 not least because I prefer 45 over 9mm.

All you CZ fans don't get your shorts in a twist. I'm not badmouthing CZ pistols. They're good guns but they didn't particularly appeal to me. They didn't live up to the hype IMO. OTOH, I'm a huge fan of the now discontinued CZ550 line of rifles. Old school Mauser type actions built to last. Weight weenies need not apply but if you want a rifle you can pass on to your great great grandkids go find yourself a CZ550 in the caliber of your choice. The bigger the better. Their rimfire rifles are superb. The shotguns are the same as the 75/97 pistols. Good solid firearms but nothing special. YMMV.

#43 ·
I've owned a few CZ firearms. I still own some but all of them are long guns. Several CZ550 rifles, a 22WMR and a CZ1012 shotgun. I was never particularly impressed with any CZ handgun I've owned. CZ75, CZ75 compact and a couple of CZ97's. The CZ75 never lived up to the hype in my experience. It was a good gun and fit my hand well but the functioning and accuracy weren't anything special. The triggers on all the CZ pistols I owned were somewhere between ok and adequate. This is coming from a guy that NEVER has trigger work done. I'm usually satisfied with the stock triggers on my guns. Yes, some are better than others but most are acceptable. Like I said, in my experience CZ75/97 triggers are just acceptable. Overall I liked the 97 better than the 75 not least because I prefer 45 over 9mm.

All you CZ fans don't get your shorts in a twist. I'm not badmouthing CZ pistols. They're good guns but they didn't particularly appeal to me. They didn't live up to the hype IMO. OTOH, I'm a huge fan of the now discontinued CZ550 line of rifles. Old school Mauser type actions built to last. Weight weenies need not apply but if you want a rifle you can pass on to your great great grandkids go find yourself a CZ550 in the caliber of your choice. The bigger the better. Their rimfire rifles are superb. The shotguns are the same as the 75/97 pistols. Good solid firearms but nothing special. YMMV.
I appreciate your insight. I need to Czech out their shotguns, lol. It seems like they have great czechnology. Sorry, I had to.

#40 ·
I have 2 CZ’s. One was WWII era, in .32 Auto. Nice but crude. The other is a 75 SP-01. I really like that gun, BUT absolutely hate the takedown. You have to hold the slide so two marks, one on the slide and the other on the frame, line up, then get the trigger pin out. A giant PITA to take apart and clean. But to shoot - really nice.

#45 ·
Actually taking down a 1911 that is as JMB designed it, is really simple. Only issue is that you have to be careful how you reinsert the slide stop pin not to mar the finish. Do it enough times in the jungle and you’ll have the “use scars” of the nub scratching the side of the gun. Some guys here just LOVE pristine guns. Me, I like honestly used ones.

#46 ·
I don't find CZ take down to be difficult. No need to worry about lining up the lines, drop hammer to half cock, hold the slide back with your left hand (think one handed press check like in the movies) until the slide touches the hammer, and hit the other side of the slide release with the bottom of the mag. Takes maybe 2 seconds once you are used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.