SIG Talk banner
81 - 100 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
ChrisNC1: About five years ago a former Memphis guy who moved to Israel (works in security) returned to west TN to offer his private "Mall Shooter" 2-day class at a gun club.

He told me that his CZ P-O1 had "at least 10,000 rds." when he first offered me the chance to buy it, and sold me the gun at a pretty good discount. He wanted me to switch from my only handgun --the .380 Makarov-- to a 9x19 mm, and which also has more capacity.

Sidenote: I've never heard Any Other gun seller admit that their gun has anywhere near 2,000 rds. used, never mind admitting to Far more.;)

That P-O1 never had an issue, and despite the worn DA trigger spring being lighter than in most DA guns, it never failed to ignite primers.

Having owned a CZ-82 :cool: as a first Czech gun, this later experience with a model having > 10,000 rds. and being totally reliable :cool: ....really sold me on these guns.
and gave me a good early idea about their VZ-58 rifle which I own.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I have a SP-01, Rami, and the 75d PCR. All are extremely accurate and reliable. They seem to fit my hands well and are easy to point naturally.
That is great to hear. Really, I’ve seen nothing but great reviews about all of the available models online. And, I don’t know why on earth that I haven’t heard about these pistols until fairly recently, maybe within the last year or two. That baffles me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
ChrisNC1: About five years ago a former Memphis guy who moved to Israel (works in security) returned to west TN to offer his private "Mall Shooter" 2-day class at a gun club.

He told me that his CZ P-O1 had "at least 10,000 rds." when he first offered me the chance to buy it, and sold me the gun at a pretty good discount. He wanted me to switch from my only handgun --the .380 Makarov-- to a 9x19 mm, and which also has more capacity.

Sidenote: I've never heard Any Other gun seller admit that their gun has anywhere near 2,000 rds. used, never mind admitting to Far more.;)

That P-O1 never had an issue, and despite the worn DA trigger spring being lighter than in most DA guns, it never failed to ignite primers.

Having owned a CZ-82 :cool: as a first Czech gun, this later experience with a model having > 10,000 rds. and being totally reliable :cool: ....really sold me on these guns.
and gave me a good early idea about their VZ-58 rifle which I own.
That is incredible. And yes, I could not imagine someone freely telling another about 10k fired shots while trying to sell a gun. That guy must have had the utmost confidence in the CZ pistol line to have even considered it. On the other hand, you found yourself a champ of a pistol and a most reliable gun manufacturer! I have to say that I have never heard anything about their long guns. I’ll have to do some research now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
My CZ 75BD was my first gun! Had some CGW upgrades done by my guy (short-reach trigger, etc), and added night sights. One of my best shooters.
Noice! How did the CGW upgrades work for you? Are you happy with them? Also, if you have any trigger upgrade recommendations, I’m all ears. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I don't have a CZ pistol yet, I have a CZ 527 left hand in .223 Remington. I bought it during the first panic before obummer took office. I do shoot long guns left hand due to dominate eye.
The operative word is “yet”. Right on, I’m cross dominant (right handed/left eye). I actually didn’t know that until Army basic. Then, they made me qualify on the M-16 left handed. That was the first time I had ever fired any gun of any type left handed btw. Thankfully, I did qualify. After that, I reverted back to my right hand but, I have worked on my right eye pretty hard to compensate. It’s not perfect but it’s a good compromise given cross dominance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the correct answer is that no one has “a” CZ…we all have multiple!

View attachment 469163

View attachment 469164
Noice! How did the CGW upgrades work for you? Are you happy with them? Also, if you have any trigger upgrade recommendations, I’m all ears. I appreciate it.
A standard/carry package will improve single action to about 3.5 lb, double to 7-8lb with blue 13 lb hammer spring, and shorten the reset. It also replaces the factory trigger return spring and firing pin retaining spring which are 2 common weak points. These kits are perfect for carry guns and you will be able to set off harder primers with such a light hammer springs in CZs because of the availability of reduced power firing pin spring, extended firing pin, and the lack of a relatively strong hammer rebound spring the classic Sigs have. I still carry with a 15lb spring just to keep the double action pull more consistent with my Sigs. Competition springs that takes things a step further are also available for none defensive guns. You can achieve ridiculously/dangersly low trigger pulls like 2 lb single 5 lb double
The $50 ultra-lite kit will have the same improvement for double actions only, the $72 short reset system will have the double action improvement and short reset.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
A standard/carry package will improve single action to about 3.5 lb, double to 7-8lb with blue 13 lb hammer spring, and shorten the reset. It also replaces the factory trigger return spring and firing pin retaining spring which are 2 common weak points. These kits are perfect for carry guns and you will be able to set off harder primers with such a light hammer springs in CZs because of the availability of reduced power firing pin spring, extended firing pin, and the lack of a relatively strong hammer rebound spring the classic Sigs have. I still carry with a 15lb spring just to keep the double action pull more consistent with my Sigs. Competition springs that takes things a step further are also available for none defensive guns. You can achieve ridiculously/dangersly low trigger pulls like 2 lb single 5 lb double
The $50 ultra-lite kit will have the same improvement for double actions only, the $72 short reset system will have the double action improvement and short reset.
Ok, I appreciate the information. I’ll need to look into the carry package then. That sounds like a great upgrade.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Noice! How did the CGW upgrades work for you? Are you happy with them? Also, if you have any trigger upgrade recommendations, I’m all ears. I appreciate it.”

I’m very happy with the upgrades I made, most of which were recommended by CGW, via email exchange. They are very customer-friendly, and not at all insistent on you sending your gun in to have them work done by them. I’d suggest carefully going over their website and consider joining the main CZ forum.

As I have relatively smaller hands, I ordered their “Short Reach Trigger” upgrade. I also changed out the recoil spring, making the slide a bit easier to rack (but not causing ftf’s). Just right!

Next, and perhaps most importantly, I ordered CGW’s “Ultra-Lite Self Defense Kit.” Check their website, but kit generally includes an extended firing pin with spring, the necessary retaining pin, hammer springs, and a reduced power firing pin block spring. All the upgrades come with instructions. The trigger is perfect for me now, and shoots like butter.

Finally, and I think someone else above said they were having trouble finding sites, I ordered a set of Trijicon “Bright & Tough” Night sights (Model 600187), with green up front and yellow in the rear. My personal preference - your tastes may differ. I just don’t like red night sights.

All upgrades (inc. the night sights) were installed by my local guy - no problems. All of the CZ guys swear by CGW and, as you’ll see, they offer more extensive upgrade kits if that’s your pleasure. All told, not expensive at all, for what you’re getting.

Good luck to all, and happy shooting (to the extent you can afford ammo, lol).

Michael

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello,

I’ll be picking up my first CZ (75D PCR Compact) here soon. I’ve researched CZ quite a bit and I really like the all metal, DA/SA, no safety with a de-cocker set up. I’m interested in your experience with CZ pistols and anything that you think I might need to know. I appreciate your thoughts!
i Love all the handguns I own but my CZ Shadow 2 ranks among the top of the list

·
🎖USN Veteran
18 Posts
I have a CZ 75 B Omega, best shooting pistol,out of the box, I have. The only thing I changed was the sights. I put night sights on all my carry and especially home defense guns.
Truglo TFX are bright easy to see sights.
I rank this gun very high, almost as high as my Sig P226. And the p226 and I have an emotional attachment.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have had - and still have one - CZs in various calibers. All have been bone stock and dead reliable. My most unique CZ was CZ 40P, 40 S&W, model. It was a collaboration between CZ and Colt back in the 90s before Colt pulled out. Google it. Way ahead of its time. Simply perfect in the hand, reliable, fairly light and far more accurate than I. My current is a SA/DA Compact 9mm with a manual safety and Dawson sights. I have LOK grips panels and Talon rubberized pieces on the front and rear strap areas. It is just perfect. Maybe a bit heavy, but, hey, I am, too. Be careful. They are addictive.

81 - 100 of 181 Posts