SIG Talk banner
61 - 80 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thanks. CZ SP01 Shadow range use only and way to big and heavy for CCW. For CCW I use my Walther PPS (original version), Glock 19, or HK P30SK LEM. For home defense my SIG P226 and HK P30L.
Right on, nice set up. I’m carrying a P220 but about to switch over to CZ for EDC. P220s will be home defense and range now.

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
Good thing about the PCR is that it handles like the larger CZ75B's or SP01's, but with that aluminum frame it carries easily, and especially with thinner G10 grips it sits nice and slim when concealed. A Cajun action package smoothes it out well too. Being a DA/SA, it's also a comforting level of safety against an ND when holstered or holstering.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would agree.

Although there's always that guy who's gonna chime in and say, "I carry two 45oz 1911 Governments with 8 spare mags in my belt every day and I've never had an issue, so man up, ya wussy." 🤣
Hell I have problem carrying the SP-01 OWB if I'm out on the range for 4-8 hours. Even with padded belt and padded holster I will still get a bruise.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Good thing about the PCR is that it handles like the larger CZ75B's or SP01's, but with that aluminum frame it carries easily, and especially with thinner G10 grips it sits nice and slim when concealed. A Cajun action package smoothes it out well too. Being a DA/SA, it's also a comforting level of safety against an ND when holstered or holstering.
Agreed, I really like the DA/SA, all metal, with a de-cocker. It’s Sig-esque with a great price point.

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,744 Posts
I think the correct answer is that no one has “a” CZ…we all have multiple!

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gas

Photograph Green White Blue Light

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I think the correct answer is that no one has “a” CZ…we all have multiple!

View attachment 469163

View attachment 469164
Oh wow! That is a true story sir, Bravo Zulu. I haven’t even picked up my first one from my LGS yet. And for some odd reason, I think that I’m shopping for my second one. I mean it’s not that I have another picked out already (CZ P-01 Compact). It just kind of happened like that. My “reasoning” while explaining this to my wife will be: “CZs are almost as good quality as Sig AND CZs are about $300-$400 cheaper each”. Then I’ll promptly go to another part of the house or wherever she isn’t, win/win.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Yes, CZ PCR, bought about four years ago.

I prefer all-metal handguns because I’m really Strange…..:alien:

Watching the tv show Combat in 1965,
Sgt. Saunders, Little John, Kirby etc never had plastic guns.
That is music to my ears friend! I love all metal guns-I have nothing against the plastic fantastic (Springfield HD .45). I can appreciate the similarities between Sig and CZ. I read somewhere today that the CZ 75 was designed based on inspiration from the Browning Hi-Power and the Sig P210.

61 - 80 of 181 Posts