SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I’ll be picking up my first CZ (75D PCR Compact) here soon. I’ve researched CZ quite a bit and I really like the all metal, DA/SA, no safety with a de-cocker set up. I’m interested in your experience with CZ pistols and anything that you think I might need to know. I appreciate your thoughts!

Update: I shot the PCR on 8/13/22 and well, let’s say that I see a few more of them in my safe in the not so distant future. It shoots like a dream with quick follow ups. You all probably already know, I believe that the low bore axis does make a positive and noticeable difference on decreasing muzzle flip. What a great gun.

·
Premium Member
13,494 Posts
A good number of CZ shooters here, myself included. PCR is a great carry gun. Should be good to go out of the box, but lots of people like to customize with grips, etc. Most popular are G10 replacements from LOK Grips or VZ Grips. I tend to prefer the straight G10's over the palm-swell rubbers treat come stock.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A good number of CZ shooters here, myself included. PCR is a great carry gun. Should be good to go out of the box, but lots of people like to customize with grips, etc. Most popular are G10 replacements fromLOK Grips or VZ Grips. I tend to prefer the straight G10's over the palm-swell rubbers treat come stock.
Ok, that’s great to know; I appreciate it. How about upgrading the sights? I’ve looked for Trijicon HDs but really couldn’t find anything that might fit. I did see some on Cajun Gun Works that I’m looking at right now.
It’s easy to imagine that there would be quite a few CZ shooters here as it seems like an easy transition between Sig and CZ.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I have a CZ SP01 Shadow. Its a great shooter but I hated the curved trigger it came with and got a replacement from Cajun Gun woks that I like a whole lot better. Kind of complicated to replace though just so you know. Good luck with it, CZ makes fine guns.

Their customer service was not as good as some other companies I have dealt with though as they seem simply not to respond to emails but that was a few years ago.

Mine with the new trigger.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have many CZs in 9/357/40/45, and they are all outstanding pistols. CZ is one of only a few gun makers that still make all-steel frames and slides. My favorite is the CZ 75 in 357sig from the custom shop and the CZ 97B glossy.
Agreed, they look like really nice guns and I appreciate the all metal construction.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a CZ SP01 Shadow. Its a great shooter but I hated the curved trigger it came with and got a replacement from Cajun Gun woks that I like a whole lot better. Kind of complicated to replace though just so you know. Good luck with it, CZ makes fine guns.

Their customer service was not as good as some other companies I have dealt with though as they seem simply not to respond to emails but that was a few years ago.

Mine with the new trigger.

I appreciate it. That is a sweet looking pistol. Do you EDC that one or home defense?

·
Premium Member
13,494 Posts
Ok, that’s great to know; I appreciate it. How about upgrading the sights? I’ve looked for Trijicon HDs but really couldn’t find anything that might fit. I did see some on Cajun Gun Works that I’m looking at right now.
It’s easy to imagine that there would be quite a few CZ shooters here as it seems like an easy transition between Sig and CZ.
Yeah I had the Dawson ones from Cajun on mine.

Reactions: ChrisNC1

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Nice! Those pistols look great. What kind of grips do you have on them? And did you upgrade the sights?
Those grips are from LOK on both models. Sights on the PCR are upgraded, but the ones on the SP-01 are the stock tritium sights.

Both also have a number of internal upgrades.

Does the SP01 magazine also fit the PCR?
Yes, full size CZ 75 mags will run in the 75 Compact series.

·
Registered
508 Posts
CZ's rank right up there with Sig & Beretta. This is a CZ SP-01 shadow that was done at the custom shop. SA only. I love the straight trigger!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

1 - 20 of 180 Posts