SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Does ameriglo make a 365xl front sight?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Fletch 
#1 ·
I have ameriglo bolds on my Glocks, but have since switched to the XL. The x-ray sights are decent, but I’d like to pick up an ameriglo bold front sight in orange.

#4 · (Edited)
What sight number do you have on the front sight of your P365XL at the moment?

Do you shoot with a combat sight hold (cover dot) or a center hold (top of sight under bull)? Combat Sight hold and Center Hold are defined here:

https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/192354-does-your-sig-shoot-low.html

What is your current point of impact, with your current point of aim, at middle distance (say, 10 yards)?

If you have a #6 front sight, and shoot with a combat sight hold (which, apparently, is what Sig designs their pistols for) and group in the center of a B-8 black (5.5") at 10 yards, then I'd pick an ameriglo front sight which is closest to the sig OEM sight.

From this sight review:

https://www.realgunreviews.com/sig-sauer-sight-heights-sight-numbers/

...a #6 front sight is 0.230" high. So I'd start with an Ameriglo Bold SG-212-230-O, if it was me. Disclaimer: YMMV. I'm by no stretch a gunsmith, just some random dude on the internet trying to help out. Maybe there is someone on the forum more experienced than me on Sigs (I'm pretty new to Sig ownership) can chime in on this.

#6 ·
Glad to help. I like the orange Ameriglo in 0.180" height for my Glocks as well. It's one of the best sights out there, IMHO.

If it works out, post back, as I'm sure others might be interested. I thought the Xray sights were fine so I left them alone on my P365XL (I no longer have it, traded it for something else) but I get some prefer a color other than green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.