SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had approximately 20 pistols but currently own five. I have friends who go by the philosophy that they never sell firearms, and have heard that from others as well. Although I feel some guns are sexier than others (if that's such a thing), I feel that they are tools for a purpose and if I have tried it out and haven't formed a bond with it, I can let go of it to fund the next one. What is your position on this topic?

·
🎖USAF Veteran
3,230 Posts
I sold my Ruger Police Service Six to fund the purchase of my SP2022.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I have not but I obtained most of what I own in the last 8 or so years where there was a much more hostile environment for gun ownership. I will be 66 this fall so I am probably going to start trimming back my modest collection a bit. IMO it is not a bad idea to have a few extras on hand for trades, etc assuming one has their other financial affairs in order including investing for rainy day fund and retirement.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I had to sell most all of my guns years ago to support my family. I vowed that I'd never sell again for I've wanted my guns back ever since. Now that I'm no longer raising a family I am into the sport again. Buying what I want and not selling. Now with all of that said, I just recently sold a gun. It was a XDS 45. Nice gun but it just wasn't me. I decided to sell it off and let another enjoy it. Why keep a gun you don't enjoy shooting?
So, it's not beyond me to sell something I don't care for. I have some I like less than others but I still enjoy shooting them. They are not for sale.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I have some that I have bonded with that will never be sold. The ones that I have not bonded will usually end up in a trade to someone I know that want them more than I do.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I only started learning about guns 9 years ago, before that the only gun I ever owned was a Remington 11-87. So I have bought and sold many trying to find out what works for me. To me it's a hobby mostly, but the selling has slowed way down as I found my preferences.

I used to spend a lot on AR's that I ended up selling, but now I build my own and don't sell them. Much happier with the home grown products.

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
We have been known to sell and trade when the mood hits. I've recently thinned out a few from my personal collection that I decided for one reason or the other I didn't have use for. Few Glocks that were multiples and so forth... Mr Sly sees it as a challenge to fill up an empty handgun hanger..

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
The only one I've sold was my S&W K-22 Masterpiece. Even though I rarely shot it after getting my mod. 41, which is why I sold it, I regret doing so to this day. I'm pretty good at researching and doing my homework when it comes to firearms purchases, so what I have bought has always worked for me and fulfilled it's purpose. I intend to leave my heirs well armed.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
I've sold quite a few over the years trying to figure out what I like. I'm where I want to be but there's always some I'd still like to get. The problem with that is money. But when I can, I will pick up some others from time to time.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Some will never be sold... others... mehhhh who cares they just don't mean anything to me

I'm one of those sentimental dudes who keeps [email protected] for some reason or other... mainly because it's worth more to me than most would be willing to pay...

Oh man I feel mrs whynot rolling her eyes somewhere :lol:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.