SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Boy do I ever! A West German Sig P220 in .45 ACP was the first handgun I ever purchased on my own. By on my own, I mean I reached 21 years of age and went to the LGS by myself and purchased it. I did have a couple of pistols before that which were influenced by my father. I remember it came in a gray and white cardboard box with foam lining and two 8 round mags. I wish I still had that gun. :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
My father owned a gun store. Sometime in the 1980's he got in a BDA. The first SIG he got was a factory nickel P226 with some beautiful aftermarket wood grips. This was either late 1980's or early 1990's. I can still remember the yellow box with the red interior. He got it from a Tampa Fireman. Don't ask me how I can remember all of this. I can remember the damndest things but not what I ate a few days ago. I just remember that it was the coolest handgun I had ever seen. It started my love for SIG.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes, I still remember back to 1991. I had just turned 21 and stationed at Ft Lewis and bought my first Sig P228 from a small gun shop in Fife, WA. The owner was a ex-ranger from 2nd Batt and gave me deal. I believe I paid $489 for it and that was a lot of money for an E4 at the time.

I still have this handgun 26 years later. I wish I still had the box.....lost it many years ago in a divorce, but got to keep the gun.

This one will go to my son maybe 25 years from now when my Sig P228 turns 50.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
I wasn't excited, I was wondering if I'd made a serious mistake as I was cajoled into buying it by a member of my weekly shooting group who had decided that I HAD to have a .45 ACP in my collection.

Shot it the next week and was very happy with its performance at that point.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1990, I was 23, bought a new West German P226 with my tax check. Still have it today along with the yellow box, manual, and test target. I love it! Now I own 6 Sigs

Reactions: jerman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure do...it was about three weeks ago. Only took about four years from infatuation to closing the deal though. Glad I did!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I do!

First SIG was the P938 Sport 13. My gun buddy thought I was nuts to pay $689, back in 2013, for such a small gun.

Since then we have bought about 15 SIGS!!

I told him SIGs are the BMWs of handguns

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yup back in 2011, I bought my 220 Carry SSE, absolutely fell in love with everything about it. A great shooter, and one of the Sexiest firearms ever!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Yep all three of them.

1. The first SIG I handled was a P220 in the proof room in the plant in Eckernförde. I don't know why we went there, but it was the first fully assembled SIG. That was in 2001/2002 when I was working there, running the milling machines that made the frames for the P-series.

2. The first SIG I shot was also the first firearm I shot. A SP2022 in 9mm. It was a rental at a local range in Houston. That was 2013.

3. The first SIG I owned is the only one I own as of now. My P229 .40 with 9mm x-change kit, .357 barrel, SRT kit and GG PSAIT. Started out as a .40 CPO FrankenSIG. A rail less frame (from a M11A1) with a SAS legacy slide.

Still have long wish list of SIGs and other guns that I'd like to have. Need a better paid job, or a second one to be able to check some of the list.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My first 2 Sig were a SP2022 and P238. I kinda hated both of them, and stayed away from Sig for a few years.

I spent the money and got a P229 Scorpion. Been in love since then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes indeed

Way back in the 80's...

I was elated that I was able to get rid of my Glock without taking a loss

I immediately ran down to the local gun shop and bought a P226 and never looked back.

The Real Steel Sig felt soooo much better than the plasticky Glock
For me, the Sig shot better too

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I sure do. Was a 229 in .357 Sig. Read about the deal on some chat site. Guys were going on and on about CDNN having used 229's in .357 Sig for $149 in "fair condition". Called and talked to Steve at CDNN. He said for $5 extra, Ill go down and hand pick you one. I swear with a hand on the bible it came in like new condition. Took it to the range (having never fired a Sig or .357 Sig) and put about the first 10 shots through what seemed to me to be the same hole. I was hooked! Now about a dozen Sigs later (+/-) I have the full blown Signess. And it was all pretty much an accident.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Not excited at all, but was interested. It was a P226, back in the mid '80s, at the NRA Convention. This strange looking pistol, with a stamped slide,etc. was not at all what I was used to. I do recall being impressed at the time with the precise fit of barrel/slide/frame. I knew none of my S&W, Colt or FN/Browning Hi Power pistols were fitted like that. This led to a succession of SIGs for years afterwards. Those German SIGs were 100% reliable and didn't rattle like two American manufactured SIGs purchased more recently. Oh well, the rattle is not too bad, but I still miss the old days and the German SIGs;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
My first was and is the P229 .40s&w equinox. Loved the way it felt and still do. I carry it often but also have other sigs that need to be carried and don't want them to feel left out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts