SIG Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
One. Benchmade Stimulus. For me, the perfect tool in my pocket.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ALWAYS have a SAK Tinker for normal chores, and then one of 50 or so other knives for not-normal chores, like weapons retention.

Days when I'm working around the house I'll carry one of a half dozen different multitools.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I carry two. A modern clipped or a belt folder, and a smaller one in my pocket. I also often carry a fixed blade and a secondary blade in my pocket.

·
Registered
189 Posts
for ME. i only carry one. my ZT0350TS. im not an outdoorsman. just a basic civilian that works in an office that has to ignore his company prohibited items policy.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I carry a Schrade SW7 clipped in one of my front pockets. It's got a clip that swivels from on side to the other. When I have my firearm I carry it clipped in my left (off hand) pocket. When I'm not armed (at work) I carry it in my strong side pocket. I also carry a SOG, or Buck knife clipped inside my left rear pocket next to my wallet. If someone demands my wallet they'll get cut.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I carry a Schrade SW7 clipped in one of my front pockets. It's got a clip that swivels from on side to the other. When I have my firearm I carry it clipped in my left (off hand) pocket. When I'm not armed (at work) I carry it in my strong side pocket. I also carry a SOG, or Buck knife clipped inside my left rear pocket next to my wallet. If someone demands my wallet they'll get cut.
Another Schrade fan. I too carry my USA SW-7S support side front pocket. Does your’s have the combo blade or plain edge?

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
At work I carry a Benchmade AFO or mini Barrage and a Klein tool knife and scissors. I carried a case pocket knife for many years also but just carry the two now. I usually just carry one knife outside of work

·
Registered
133 Posts
I always have the Zero Tolerance Sinkovich in my right front pocket. Occasionally add the Tops MSK Survival neck knife if I’m going someplace questionable. The others are at my desk in case I need help sending an email...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Another Schrade fan. I too carry my USA SW-7S support side front pocket. Does your’s have the combo blade or plain edge?

I didn't see your question until today. Mines the combo blade, but I've pretty much sharpened the serrations off of it over the years.

·
Registered
192 Posts

I didn't see your question until today. Mines the combo blade, but I've pretty much sharpened the serrations off of it over the years.
I have the combo blade as well. I know they made some that were plain edge but haven’t come across one yet. Sorry to drag this OT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Two for me (that you'll see). Too many times that I've had one hand full with something that would be inconvenient to put down, but needed to be cut.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I like to carry three flashlights and two knives in my pocket. Pepper spray on my keys and a firearm on my body.

One small S&W folding knife. One small 'tactical pen' with flashlight. I have the SOG Q2 flashlight/knife combo. I also have a small 'inspector' style flashlight.

I always seem to misplace my knife when I need it, so that's why I carry two. 3 flashights because 2 is 1... and 1 is none... and in my line of work sometimes multiple lightsources prove useful.

I also carry a 301 piece mechanics toolset in my truck + all sorts of odds and ends. There is very little I'm not prepared for ^_^

My kind of guy. 3 flashlights, I’m impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sometimes I’ll carry a tactical knife in addition to a slip joint or lockback if there is a situation where the tactical knife shouldn’t be a do all knife.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Since this thread has been resurrected.....I see several people carrying multi-tools/leatherman, ect. I don't even own one, and have never seen the need. I'm an auto tech, so when I'm at work I have all the tools I need. Sometimes when I'm not working I reach for my pocket screwdriver but I don't remember ever needing/wanting something else. For people who carry a multi-tool. What do you use it for, and when do you use it. (at work).

I do carry a flashlight....but only one.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Since this thread has been resurrected.....I see several people carrying multi-tools/leatherman, ect. I don't even own one, and have never seen the need. I'm an auto tech, so when I'm at work I have all the tools I need. Sometimes when I'm not working I reach for my pocket screwdriver but I don't remember ever needing/wanting something else. For people who carry a multi-tool. What do you use it for, and when do you use it. (at work).

I do carry a flashlight....but only one.
I seem to use my multi-tool (whether it be a SAK or Leatherman) for all sorts of things - prying things open, tightening screws, cutting packages, etc. In fact, I probably use my multi more than I use my dedicated knife.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts