SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you EDC more than one?

What brought this up was me discussing my latest knife purchases with my brother. He commented that he normally has three knives on him and never less than two. He was an USCG EM and due to being prepared to deal with being fouled in a line or net he always had an appropriate knife AND a backup. For him, it's been one of the habits developed in the service that continued into civilian life.

I EDC a Cold Steel Counter Point 1 4" spear point folder. Due to having to enter no guns allowed buildings frequently I at least have something appropriate. After the discussion with my brother I now carry a backup, a Cold Steel Code 4.

Reactions: Fmflorida

·
Registered
476 Posts
I usually carry 3.

A simple pocket knife, a Leatherman Juice multi-tool with a knife I got years ago and a Kershaw brand knife.

They all serve their purpose, usually the smaller pocket knife gets the most use and the others are for more hard use.

They dont weigh much and Kershaw makes a good...inexpensive knife so I dont feel bad damaging it or losing it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It depends ... I carry my Boker Kalashnikov Auto all the time … adding my Leatherman tool if I think I'll have use for it. When fishing or out on a trail I'll add one of several fixed blade knives to my belt. Plus I keep a couple of different knives in my truck, including a short but handy machete.

Reactions: Happytriggertime

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually carry 3.

A simple pocket knife, a Leatherman Juice multi-tool with a knife I got years ago and a Kershaw brand knife.

They all serve their purpose, usually the smaller pocket knife gets the most use and the others are for more hard use.

They dont weigh much and Kershaw makes a good...inexpensive knife so I dont feel bad damaging it or losing it.
My Kershaw Splinter Gent's folder is my favorite pocket knife.

Reactions: Fmflorida

·
Premium Member
16,741 Posts

One Benchemade AFCK partial serrations. This one isn't mine - I have three - but they're all just like that one.

Been carrying them for longer than I can recall. But only one at a time typically for EDC.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
I like to carry three flashlights and two knives in my pocket. Pepper spray on my keys and a firearm on my body.

One small S&W folding knife. One small 'tactical pen' with flashlight. I have the SOG Q2 flashlight/knife combo. I also have a small 'inspector' style flashlight.

I always seem to misplace my knife when I need it, so that's why I carry two. 3 flashights because 2 is 1... and 1 is none... and in my line of work sometimes multiple lightsources prove useful.

I also carry a 301 piece mechanics toolset in my truck + all sorts of odds and ends. There is very little I'm not prepared for ^_^

·
Registered
19 Posts
I carry two knives, a Gerber EZ Out and a USA Old Timer. I ordered a Mora Eldris about a week ago from SMKW and I really like this knife, the Gerber will be retired for now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well thanks to this thread I just purchased a Swiss Army Cadet Silver Alox. Didn't know I needed one... haha :D Amazon makes it too easy!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well thanks to this thread I just purchased a Swiss Army Cadet Silver Alox. Didn't know I needed one... haha :D Amazon makes it too easy!
I think you'll it very useful. In addition to the obvious screwdriver, can opener, etc; some of the tools have multiple uses. Eg: The tip of the can opener makes a small standard screwdriver, and a Phillips driver. The nail file tip can be used for very small screws like on electronic stuff. Plus, they're so slim you hardly know it's in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have more then one EDC knife,but only carry one at a time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Daily in the office, given I have to go into restricted space often, I carry as small Victorinox SD Classic. The rest of the time I rotate a one of many CRKT knives. I like the aesthetics and design of CRKT knives - not the best materials, but inexpensive and I wont be devastated if i lose one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just looked at what I have on me daily and found I have 3 knives. My Leatherman Wave, a CRKT Ignitor (that one gets pretty much all the cutting work), and a CRKT CEO. Nothing high-end or has high speed low drag fame. Just simple inexpensive working tools. They all do what I need of them and are sharp enough to do their work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My daily carry is a Spyderco and a Swiss Army (with black scales). The Spyderco is a partially serrated 3" blade. the Swiss Army has the essentials of screwdrivers, and toothpick, etc. Have carried these two for decades. I used to also carry a Titanium Police Spyderco, but have retired that to the "collection". "Back in the day", I carried a Browning Hi-Power w/ 2 spare mags of CorBon 115 gr +P+, Colt Detective Special 6 shot .38 on the ankle (158 gr LHPSWC) and a .38 D/A Derringer in the strong side pocket - PLUS - the pair of Spyderco's and the Swiss Army. Decades later, it is now a Titanium .38 snub and the knives. I did just add a Klarus 3200 Lumen tactical light to the daily carry.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Edc 1 & 2

EDC (Duty) #1 is SIG P320 X5 Legion, IWB
(fastest and most accurate for me...)

EDC #2 back up is SIG P365

When I go 'solo' its the P365 pocket carry

Oh... the duty knife: TOPS 4.9 fixed blade

1 - 20 of 38 Posts