SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Sig firing pin replacement springs at Midway listed them as for P220, P225, P226, P228, P229, P239, P245, SP2009, SP2340 on their website but the ones I got have P220, P224, P226, P229, P239, P2022 printed on the packaging.

Are these the same springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the info. I'll return these and find a source for the correct springs. The website shows the correct sprint I need but they sent me the wrong ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, thank you both for the clarification. I did know that the firing pins were different and fortunately there is a source for the folded slide firing pins. To my eye the firing pin springs look the same but I wasn't sure if there were small dimensional or tension differences.

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
Here's the different firing pins. You can see the diameters appear to be the same and the pin area where the spring sits is also the same. So the springs should also be the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's the different firing pins. You can see the diameters appear to be the same and the pin area where the spring sits is also the same. So the springs should also be the same.

To expand on this a bit, if you don't mind could you tell which firing pins are which in the picture?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm pretty sure the firing pin spring is the same for all the SIGs. I could go to all my parts lists and check it to make sure, but that would require I put down my beer and get out of my chair, which I'm just not willing to do at this point in the evening.

(EDIT: OK, i just looked over on my desk and found a parts compatibility list. The models that share the common firing pin spring are the 220, 225, 226, 228, 229, 239, 245, SP2009 and the SP2340. The part number you want is 34221560. On current packaged parts, SIG will not include the model numbers of pistols that were discontinued at the time they sold and bagged the parts. And you owe me a beer.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts