SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
i recently posted about 22lr kits for the 226. Disappointing to say the least. At that price i am better off (maybe) looking for a 40 conversion kit at or about the same price.
from what i can see, same deal. The only ones possible are the x- kits but they have a 12-15 round mag. (a no deal in cali)

Unsure if Sig has any representatives here, but does anyone in the know, know if they stopped making those for good?

I got the 9mm with the intent of picking up a 40 conversion kit along with a 22.

(or buying a 40 and getting a 9mm kit/22)

Again, thanks for the help. I just shot my first ones recently and really liked the weight and function of the weapon.

Thx

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I do know they stopped making the full on p226 22LR. No, I'm not talking about that pathetic piece of garbage mosquito.

I was lucky enough to buy the full on 226 22lr I'm talking about, and it is awesome. I even installed a short reset trigger. Talk about a very accurate and easy to shoot gun very rapidly. See if you can find a used one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,436 Posts
Hi again,
i recently posted about 22lr kits for the 226. Disappointing to say the least. At that price i am better off (maybe) looking for a 40 conversion kit at or about the same price.
from what i can see, same deal. The only ones possible are the x- kits but they have a 12-15 round mag. (a no deal in cali)

Unsure if Sig has any representatives here, but does anyone in the know, know if they stopped making those for good?

I got the 9mm with the intent of picking up a 40 conversion kit along with a 22.

(or buying a 40 and getting a 9mm kit/22)

Again, thanks for the help. I just shot my first ones recently and really liked the weight and function of the weapon.

Thx

FWIW, AFAIK, the Caliber X-Change kits were made for individuals who bought the .22 versions, so convert them to a centerfire caliber, after training and familiarizing themselves with the functioning of the rimfire.

The biggest problem, was people were buying the 9mm X-Change kits quicker than sig could make them, using them to convert cheaper LE trade ins in .40 S&W caliber. They also had .22 Conversions for training, but a lot of people ignored them for quite some time. If it doesn't sell well, Sig will drop it. That's the reason so many of the Classics are being dropped, or discontinued, as the P320 series and P365 are where their sales are primarily focused.

You may find 9mm X-Change kits, but if you want a .357 Sig, or .40 S&W look quick, as they are 2 calibers that are slow in sales, and aren't being offered in as many models as in the past.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the insights. I am new to sigs and pistols as a whole. At this point will probably just buy a damn 40.

maybe i'll find a old 40 slide and stuff sitting in someones garage. lol..

i'll keep a eye out.

thanks again!

(great community and looking forward to more old guns).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, AFAIK, the Caliber X-Change kits were made for individuals who bought the .22 versions, so convert them to a centerfire caliber, after training and familiarizing themselves with the functioning of the rimfire.
the strange part is the 12 round mags. 2 less and i would probably be able to pick one up in my non american state.

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts