SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 1200 rounds it has been sent to Sig for service.

I was having jamming problems from the start, many suggested limp wristing was the cause. I added Talon grips and spent time with trainer but still jamming. By jamming, I mean the spent casing was stuck in the barrel. Sometimes I needed something pry the casing out. Sig customer service said it's normal and a 1-2% failure is well within normal range. I find the % to be higher than I would expect. It was suggested to put more rounds (1000+) through it. I was also told that limp wristing was what causes the casing to be stuck in the barrel.

It's very frustrating shooting a gun that jams that often.

Meanwhile my LGS had a sale on M&P Shield, so I picked one up for $319. Having been in manufacturing for over 30 yrs it was clear the Sig is built much better than the Shield, the finish and quality of build between the 2 was clear. I was worried that if I am limp wristing with the P320c, then a smaller gun will be even worse. Nope, not a single jam in 350 rounds through the Shield.

I spent time shooting them side by side, if the Sig jammed, I ran the rest of that box of ammo through the Shield with no problem.

Finally the Sig trigger wouldn't reset. I had multiple RSO's look at it and they said it's broken. The LGS checked it out and said the same thing and shipped it to Sig. They said Sig will likely charge me for the repair and shipping. Great more $$.

Did the jamming cause the trigger problem?

Yes, I did clean and lube the gun prior to shooting the first time and after every time I shot it. I also was told that "Sig's like to run wet", so I brought lube to the range - the rails and outside of the barrel.

I shot multiple brands (Remington, Blazer Brass, etc...) and multiple grains (mostly 115, but some 124). All brass, no reloads.

Did I get a lemon?

When it's returned from Sig, I don't know if I trust it for home defense. I recall my CCW instructor saying a gun used for defense should be thought of like a parachute, you need to be able to trust it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like you got a lemon. Give SIG CS a chance. When it is returned run a bunch of ammo through it, including your self defense ammo. I am sure you will be confident in it once you see that it runs OK.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I highly doubt you will charged for the repairs. Don't expect an invoice. Were you running different types of ammo or a single brand. What kind of ammo were you using. This will help the community asses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt you will charged for the repairs. Don't expect an invoice. Were you running different types of ammo or a single brand. What kind of ammo were you using. This will help the community asses.
I shot multiple brands (Remington, Blazer Brass, etc...) and multiple grains (mostly 115, but some 124). All brass, no reloads.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
the whole dang community ;) ahahhah

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only have 400 rounds through mine, bought 2 weeks ago, not a single jam using various 115g FMJ target, 124G inexpensive hollow points, 147G FMJ, or Hornady 9mm +P 124g XTP. I think it shot the XTP best, IMO, but that really is not a cheap paper target round....

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Hard to second guess any problem short of having another shooter that you respect give it a try to see if others get any function issues but at this point sigs going to make it right .

If it comes back and you have more function issues let a friend run a few hundred thru it . The 9mm's that we have only shoot 124gr or 147 and mostly reloads . I can't remember the last time I had a handgun not work as designed even many years down the road . My p320 a 40 and is approaching 4000 rounds fired and zero problems ..

GordySig I'm sure I'm one of the ( asses ) from time to time but come on guy !! hehehe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought a Shield as well - if your was recent - don't miss the $75.00 rebate.

FWIW - around 300 through my 320 RX and Zero issues.

sting was what causes the casing to be stuck in the barrel.
recall my CCW instructor saying a gun used for defense should be thought of like a parachute, you need to be able to trust it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Meanwhile my LGS had a sale on M&P Shield, so I picked one up for $319. Having been in manufacturing for over 30 yrs it was clear the Sig is built much better than the Shield, the finish and quality of build between the 2 was clear. I was worried that if I am limp wristing with the P320c, then a smaller gun will be even worse. Nope, not a single jam in 350 rounds through the Shield.
Is that after tax and fees? That is cheap, don't forget to take advantage of S&W's $75 rebate right now. I bought my Shield two months too soon.

I know what you mean RE: fit and finish, the P320 and the Shield are my 2 most recent purchases. GL with the Sig, I'm sure SIG CS will take care of you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do I find out more about the Shield rebate?
That price was retail, new in box and the LGS through in an extra 8 round mag! I asked why such a great deal and they said every couple months they do a volume buy on a couple models from a single manufacturer. They had a raffle, that included shooting a couple magazines through some higher end models. I wish they had a deal on the performance center model, loved the sights and the trigger.

·
Registered
368 Posts
How do I find out more about the Shield rebate?
That price was retail, new in box and the LGS through in an extra 8 round mag! I asked why such a great deal and they said every couple months they do a volume buy on a couple models from a single manufacturer. They had a raffle, that included shooting a couple magazines through some higher end models. I wish they had a deal on the performance center model, loved the sights and the trigger.
Nice, I haven't pulled the trigger for another 8 rounder just yet. I did just pick up a Pearce grip to replace the flush mag.

That's a good deal, I paid $349 before tax/fees. I was torn between the standard and Performance Center. I read negative things about the ported barrel/slide (pickiness w/ ammo) so I decided against the $100 price difference. I did like the PC sights, but trigger was a marginal improvement and I figured if I had to spend an extra $100 it might be better spent on some Apex products.

Here's the rebate info:

I'm considering the PC Shield in 45 now...

·
Registered
228 Posts

I was having jamming problems from the start, many suggested limp wristing was the cause. I added Talon grips and spent time with trainer but still jamming. By jamming, I mean the spent casing was stuck in the barrel. Sometimes I needed something pry the casing out. Sig customer service said it's normal and a 1-2% failure is well within normal range. I find the % to be higher than I would expect. It was suggested to put more rounds (1000+) through it. I was also told that limp wristing was what causes the casing to be stuck in the barrel.

It's very frustrating shooting a gun that jams that often.

I spent time shooting them side by side, if the Sig jammed, I ran the rest of that box of ammo through the Shield with no problem.

Finally the Sig trigger wouldn't reset. I had multiple RSO's look at it and they said it's broken. The LGS checked it out and said the same thing and shipped it to Sig. They said Sig will likely charge me for the repair and shipping. Great more $$.

Did the jamming cause the trigger problem?

Yes, I did clean and lube the gun prior to shooting the first time and after every time I shot it. I also was told that "Sig's like to run wet", so I brought lube to the range - the rails and outside of the barrel.

Did I get a lemon?

When it's returned from Sig, I don't know if I trust it for home defense. I recall my CCW instructor saying a gun used for defense should be thought of like a parachute, you need to be able to trust it.
i had issues with my first 320c. i had FTE issues and i sent it back to SIG and they fixed the issue for free. it was a weak extractor spring. but after a couple 100 rounds or so, I started to get FTF and FTE, so I sold it. I bought a new full size 320 and after 500 round I have no issues with it, and then i bought an xchange compact kit and so far no issues other than 1 light primer strike. i think that the compacts are having some growing pains, but the full size appears to be doing well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues, I have put +1000 through my compact and have not had a single issue so far. Hopefully SIG CS will make it right!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues, I have put +1000 through my compact and have not had a single issue so far. Hopefully SIG CS will make it right!
250 rounds through mine and no issues.. Only issue I have is with the Romeo1 optic. No matter how much I turn the two adjustment screws for up/down or windage, the red dot stays in the exact same spot. Will not more.

I dropped it off to Sig and apparently it has to be shipped to Oregon where their optics department is..

Hope it doesn't take too long to get is back.. We will see.

EDIT: Has anyone had their P320 rx sent in for optic repair and if so how long did it take to get it back...

Just curious.. Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought a SIG P320 9mm in Carry and then found a Compact grip module and magazine on sale in WA state. Makes a nice size for carry, even if I give up 2 rounds.

I also had issues with spent round staying in the barrel. So i bought a new spring and extractor rod. I just swapped out the spring for the older spring and left the original extractor rod alone for the time. No more issues so far after 200 rounds after putting in a different spring.

Remember, SIG does not make things like springs. They buy in bulk and cut to the desired length. Some springs may not have been tempered well, and don't have as much "bite" When the spring was cut to length, and then ground "flat" it may have gotten just a bit hot one either or both ends, taking out some of the tension. Want to ruin or change a spring? Just heat it some. I have an extra spring for my Bersa Thunder 22 that I heated a couple of the coils and now I can shoot the cheaper .22 ammo without having to have top performer CCI minimag to shoot out of it. That took out just enough tension to give the slide more leeway for less powerful ammo.

May not seem like much, and unless you had some way to test the spring with a gage you might not see any difference. I did notice, though, the new pile of empty brass off to my 3-4 o'clock position now.

Attachments

Reactions: hardluk1

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had FTE problems on my FDE P320c with certain kinds of ammo. I called Sig support and they sent me a different extractor spring pin. After that it has worked great.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts