SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Sig Sauer Pistol the Legion series P226 9mm and had a question about the takedown procedure, on page 75 of the manual it mentions a different procedure for pistols with the SRT system. I have watched numerous youtube videos on dissassembly for the Legion series and no mention was made of this, so I figured asking on this forum would provide the most accurate information short of calling Sig customer service. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Welcome! The manual says to do that because of SRT. But I have read here it's not necessary anymore. I have a Legion, and 2 other SIGs with SRT. Just remove and replace slide like any other gun without A SRT. No problems

If I am wrong, somebody correct me!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Normal field strip... must be outdated.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
188 Posts
A week ago, I purchased a new 229 Legion. Since this was my first Sig I read every page of the owners manual. Like the OP, the last section of my manual said that Sig's with SRT needed to follow a different procedure. I had already field stripped, cleaned, and lubed so I figured I was OK. I had no issues during my visit to the range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, I too had already field stripped cleaned and re lubed prior to reading the manual. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't skipping a step that might cause issues in the future. Thanks again for the quick response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.