SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'll admit I'm a big fan of Mr. Noir. I won't say his review of the 226 Legion was a big reason I went with it, but it did help the decision. Before I bought it or any gun, I saw the above video and thought it was entertaining and that would not be the case with me. I may have been wrong.

Even after purchasing the Legion and shooting it for awhile, I thought why would I need another gun. 9mm ammo is cheap. The gun shoots great, why take valuable range time away from my precious. But as the months dragged on and I began spending more time on gun forums and watching gun videos, I was intrigued by the .45 vs 9mm debate(which again Colion Noir has a great 3 video series about different caliber and the people who carry them. The funny thing is I don't carry and still don't have any intention to, but the debate is interesting. Maybe the .45 rounds can finally put down those paper silhouettes, the 9mm sure can't

Anyway, back to me being wrong about the first video. I just ordered a new pistol, a .45. Sadly, it's not a SIG. My fun money hasn't replenished much from my Legion purchase and several other large gun related items. I've been on the forum enough to know there's the no pic didn't happen rule, so I'll be sure to post when I get my hands on it.

The crazy thing is instead of being upset about spending more money, or that I was wrong, I'm upset because I used my last pistol purchase permit. I originally got two thinking that would last me forever. In reality, was less than 6 months. It's not that the process to get them is really hard, it's just the fact the sheriff's office is only open M-Th 8-4 and I have to go there Twice makes it difficult for the working folk.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this "pistol purchase permit" you speak of? It sounds communist.
In NC to purchase a handgun you need to fill out an application and turn it in at the sheriff's office of the county you reside, in person. They run a background check etc. and 2-3 weeks later you get an email saying you have been approved. You then have to go pick up your permit again in person. You need a permit for each pistol purchased. The cost is only $5-10.

Getting a concealed permit means you don't don't need to get the pistol purchase permit, the concealed just takes longer and costs much more. I might go this route just to make any future purchases easier.

Edit: I got my sheriff's offices confused, this one is actually available M-F 8-5 which is still hard for someone who works M-F 8-5, especially when you need to go twice.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
But, in NC, you can get 10 or more permits if you like and the permits are good for 5 years I believe.
However, in NC, if you have a Conceal Carry Permit, you do not need a permit from the Sheriff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts