SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 938 owner and I've been trying to dig through some of the older threads but would like to hear what everyone's opinion is for which defensive ammo works best (and doesn't work well) for the 938. Looking for something very dependable, my 226 has been able to eat anything I feed it but have been reading about some owners having feeding issues with hollow points on their 938. Any big differences between the 124 and 147 grain? Seems like the Sig V Crown and Speer Gold Dots are popular choices?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
New 938 owner and I've been trying to dig through some of the older threads but would like to hear what everyone's opinion is for which defensive ammo works best (and doesn't work well) for the 938. Looking for something very dependable, my 226 has been able to eat anything I feed it but have been reading about some owners having feeding issues with hollow points on their 938. Any big differences between the 124 and 147 grain? Seems like the Sig V Crown and Speer Gold Dots are popular choices?
Federal HST is also a popular choice, and last year they came out with a "micro" version that is meant to work better for sub compacts.

• Optimized for less felt recoil, more reliable cycling and better control with subcompact pistols

New Federal HST "Micro" 9mm Ammo Tested - Is it Worth It? - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

having not used it myself, i have no personal opinion, but i do use the standard 147g and find them to be as accurate as anything i've tried so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have used both Federal HST 124g and Micro without any failures. I have not noticed any significant difference between the two.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel +P 124 gr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.