SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my p's have really snappy decockers, except one. Pretty new weapon, seems to travel as much as the others, but does not move your finger much out of the way on hammer release. It works, but meh, I like the snappy. Springs good, all appears to be normal....suggestions welcome, thanks

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I don't recommend releasing the decock lever at the bottom of the stroke. Ride the lever up with your thumb to lower the hammer. If you release it and let it snap up, you will find it will ding your frame over time.

Installing a P-shim, greased as per instructions, damps and smooths the decocker - still ride the lever up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree Bumper, I do ride it up but this one is not as snappy, robust, strong, quick...but it still works, and also at the very bottom of the stroke.

The shim actually rode the decocker higher to ding the frame. I wound up putting some 3m tape on it to give it the smooth travel.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
The "feel" of the decocking action is a function of the geometry of the parts, specifically the decocking lever, and nothing to be concerned with as long as the pistol is decocking safely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts