SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a great day when this one arrived. Took quite a while to find as they are pretty much non-existent on the US market.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful!
I wish I could shoot one just to see what it's like. :)
I know you are a long time AC customer - which is of course greatly appreciated. Anytime you are in Tampa Bay area hit me up. I'll be happy to take you shooting this -8 or any other P210s. Ask Harry_Gorilla ....he knows the range nearby ;)

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
I know you are a long time AC customer - which is of course greatly appreciated. Anytime you are in Tampa Bay area hit me up. I'll be happy to take you shooting this -8 or any other P210s. Ask Harry_Gorilla ....he knows the range nearby ;)
Thank you for the offer.

By the way, I really love the "Sig Sauer 220 226 227 228 229 239 M11A1 X5/X6 SPORT takedown lever". I have it on a P226, P229 and P220. I want to add it to some more of my regular shooter SIGs. That has made a noticeable improvement in my grip consistency and control. And I love that is has the offset to keep from putting a semicircular scuff mark on the frame like most of the factory TDLs.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
That's a fine looking pistol. Got any plans for it? You know, "developmental-wise"?

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,731 Posts

·
Administrator
39,277 Posts
Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about the P210 from an expert that is also a member here @zeleny:

Extracted from the reference above:
The P210-8 was introduced in 2001. It differs substantially from the earlier models in having a lateral button-operated magazine release, omitting the magazine disconnect safety, and adding a wider safety lever and an extended tang. It is built on a heavy frame. Léon Crottet collaborated with the SIG factory in Neuhausen in the development of the P210-8 and its successors.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a fine looking pistol. Got any plans for it? You know, "developmental-wise"?

No Sir,
That is the Mona Lisa in my safe....Not touching it ;)

"developmental-wise" the only product we currently offer for Swiss and German P210 pistols are dedicated Plus-1 Base pads. Compatible with ALL German Legend, Target and Super Target models and all Swiss models that have side/frame magazine release - such as:
  • P210-8
  • P210-5LS
  • P210-6S
.....or any other Swiss P210 modified models that now have the side/frame magazine release button (Waffen Oschatz and similar)

Reactions: Harry_Gorilla

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Beautiful! Simply beautiful! My 210 says heavy frame but it doesn't say 210-8 can you shed some light on the difference? It's nice having a 210 expert on board. Keeps my 210 interest at a peak! Thanks.
jkallner, your model is actually a very rare Heavy Frame P210-6S. AFAIK only a few were made during the last few years of Swiss production. Same for the other 2 models that have the frame mounted magazine release buttons from factory: P210-8 and P210-5LS (early 2000s until 2006, when the Swiss P210 production stopped.)

Here is my P210-6S, which is only 251 numbers off your serial number.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,731 Posts
jkallner, your model is actually a very rare Heavy Frame P210-6S. AFAIK only a few were made during the last few years of Swiss production. Same for the other 2 models that have the frame mounted magazine release buttons from factory: P210-8 and P210-5LS (early 2000s until 2006, when the Swiss P210 production stopped.)

Here is my P210-6S, which is only 251 numbers off your serial number.

View attachment 391275
Thanks - my LGS guy said it was in a distributor's safe and the distributor went and took it so I could have it, blah, blah, blah. I always thought that was a tale but it's nice to know that it is a little special, I know it cost special. I appreciate the info!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,810 Posts
She's stunning!

Reactions: ARMORY CRAFT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Beautiful! Simply beautiful! My 210 says heavy frame but it doesn't say 210-8 can you shed some light on the difference? It's nice having a 210 expert on board. Keeps my 210 interest at a peak! Thanks. View attachment 391197
You have a very rare P 210-6 S, the latest iteration of the Swiss P 210 built by Swiss Arms on the legendary Neuhausen (CNC) machine tools.
This model came just after the P 210-8, which it is actually derived from (See Larvatus' "heavy frame development" comprehensive article on the subject).
IMHO, this is as desirable as a P 210-8 - I had the one pictured below until 2010, but regrettably sold it... Just keep this one, Sir! ;-)
P 330473 - 210 6S HF.jpg

P 330473 - 210 6S HF_R.jpg
P210-6S HF TT.jpg

And I have replaced it with this one, though :whistle::
210-5LS Left.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
[...] "developmental-wise" the only product we currently offer for Swiss and German P210 pistols are dedicated Plus-1 Base pads. Compatible with [...] all Swiss models that have side/frame magazine release - such as:
  • P210-8
  • P210-5LS
  • P210-6S,
.....or any other Swiss P210 modified models that now have the side/frame magazine release button (Waffen Oschatz and similar) View attachment 391273

View attachment 391274
... Just ordered one - will post a picture when installed - Whoa, nine rounds of 9mm in a SIG P 210 (y)

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
... Just ordered one - will post a picture when installed - Whoa, nine rounds of 9mm in a SIG P 210 (y)
On my US P210A magazine I am actually able to run 10 rounds between the Plus-1 base pad and some modification to the follower and the spring.

I know....adding 2 rounds to most of the guns these days is not that big of a deal. However, adding 2 rounds (+25%) to a gun that for 70 years was pretty much just shooting 8 rounds, sure feels nice.

·
Registered
613 Posts
On my US P210A magazine I am actually able to run 10 rounds between the Plus-1 base pad and some modification to the follower and the spring.

I know....adding 2 rounds to most of the guns these days is not that big of a deal. However, adding 2 rounds (+25%) to a gun that for 70 years was pretty much just shooting 8 rounds, sure feels nice.

"some modification to the follower and the spring."

View attachment 400373
Please elaborate on how this is done, with pictures.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I've got a Side Relese P32188_ . . . P210-6 Hammerlli on right Side (vaguely, Not Stamped) just a Ghost of an Image ?? Facebook . . Sig P210 Pistol Group has some Discussions about Factory vs Custom Waffen Offe . .Side Mag Releaseand has Maybe Factory and discussion is ongoing Factory Ad Sheets. Photo Ads show Silver Center on button release . . 2 Photos very interestig Another is Long Slide with weight and compensator . .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts