SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had the transformation done to anything of mine. Has anyone done this to theirs? I know that kits are available for this process...I'm not even sure which models can be converted. Perhaps I'm either skeptical or cynical to think that all would function as should. I'm not hell bent on getting it done, as I can't see myself using the decocker that often. Just wondering if anyone has turned their DAK into da/sa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't necessarily going to change one personally. A gentleman local to me has what is said to be an unfired German 228 in DAK. I'm not sure how common these were. He said he converted it to DA/SA. I've considered obtaining it but just don't know enough about them. I think for the money I'd rather have one that was manufactured as da/sa.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think I would get it because it was a P228. If the owner or someone else did convert it from DAK to DA/SA, I would hope he still had the original parts, but that wouldn't be a deal killer. The conversion is easy to do by swapping out several parts and adding a few others.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
My question would be, did the Germans utilize the DAK system, or was it a US system... I googled P228 DAK, and the only pictures that I could identify without a "rail", and without a decock lever, had full spurred hammers to lead me to believe they were DAO, instead of DAK.

Could those with more knowledge, enlighten, as to whether Sig made a P228 DAK, or just DAO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.