SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after getting a PCR Compact and liking it I had the opportunity to purchase one of the Pro-Tek 1 models and should have it next week.
The guy I got it from purchased it from Stuart at CZ Customs with just one hundred rounds through it and he never fired it so it's basically new.
The Pro-Tek 1 and Pro-Tek II are there top of the line customs, the II has a rail.
I'll probably be putting my PCR up for sale just haven't decided yet. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this written by Stuart from CZ Customs when they first developed the Pro-Tek model.

What do we do to the Pro-Tek models? Why do they cost so much? We start with the PCR or P01 model we debur or dehorn the slide frame and controls. We blend the aluminum grips to match the frame so there are no edges to bother the skin or body. To reduce slide mass we CNC cut 45 degrees and flat top the slide, then surface grind for a perfect smooth finish to reduce mass. We machine a Novak cut into the slide for the Champion Extreme Duty night sights. We install a custom made Trijicon front sight. We open up the magwell to make reloads smoother and easier. Most of this work is done by hand (blending) then we send the frames out for hard anodizing. The process takes about 8 hours or so. The result in my opinion one of the most comfortable and easiest to shoot carry guns available.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nice looking pistol.

I'm kind of surprised with all of the work they do that they don't do any action/trigger work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So ....more importantly, let us know how effective you become with that terrific hardware. I have a number of handguns, but just love the ones that fit/form/function to my abilities.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So ....more importantly, let us know how effective you become with that terrific hardware. I have a number of handguns, but just love the ones that fit/form/function to my abilities.
If I only bought weapons that were suited to my abilities I would have a club and a rock. :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking pistol.

I'm kind of surprised with all of the work they do that they don't do any action/trigger work.
Actually they do I got this from CZ Customs web site.

We created what we consider the Ultimate CZ Compact Carry gun. The gun uses the CZ SA DA Competition hammer in a decocker format. Single Action trigger at approx 3.5-4.0 lbs Crisp and smooth, Double Action at a smooth 7 / 8 Lbs. Firing pin block are left intact but smoothed and Polished. Overall gun has been de horned for a smooth feel, decocker has been cut back to be less obtrusive.

Reactions: Blu

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was debating on whether to buy that exact gun when I saw it listed on the cz forum. I already have a Pro-tek II and wanted to add a non-rail version.

Good look with it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came across a used pro-tec 1 in black on consignment last month at my LGS for $900. Cool little compact gun.
Thats good price for one if in good condition and an excellent price if it's pristine, new there $1750

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have been around since 1939 and are used by a lot of competition shooters, they've impressed me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats good price for one if in good condition and an excellent price if it's pristine, new there $1750
I already have a P-01 that fits that bill with a few parts from Cajun Gun Works that I installed. I'm willing to bet it shoots just as good as that Pro-Tec model.
That Pro-Tec sold within a month though so somebody grabbed it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was debating on whether to buy that exact gun when I saw it listed on the cz forum. I already have a Pro-tek II and wanted to add a non-rail version.

Good look with it.
Glad you didn't then I wouldn't be getting it :D it is supposed to ship on Tuesday so I should have before the end of the week. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome pistol, been looking for one of those for a while. Congrats
I wasn't really looking for one but when I read the reviews after seeing it for sale I decided to buy it. Until I receive it I'm still not sure I like the color of the frame but it can always be changed. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a PO-1 and a preB 75 that are a joy to shoot.
I use a Kadet kit on the PO-1 and it turns into a super accurate .22.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
USPS Sick April Fools Joke.
Well leave it to the USPS to totally screw up a good plan, I mailed payment for the Pro-Tek on Thursday the 30th and it went Priority Mail it showed the delivery date to be Saturday the 1st in Nevada and my Pro-Tek was going to ship to me on Tuesday.
The Priority envelope with the payment was last recorded leaving Columbia, SC and after that nothing just in Route, it finally arrived today. :mad:
No wonder these fools are losing money every year, gross incompetence Pony Express was that fast. :eek:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Pro-Tek is finally heading to my FFLs and should arrive Monday the 10th if the USPS doesn't screw up again. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts