Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have owned a p226 and sp2022. After deciding to get some trigger work done and changing the sites, I contacted SigSauer and made the arrangements. They said I could not have the guns delivered back at my business address and someone needed to be able to receive them, so to be on the safe side I made arrangement with an FFL and had him pass the info to SigSauer. What followed was just plain stupid.
1. my inquiries on the status of the order went unanswered
2. I received an email that my order was completed and pistols were sent out (no service, bill or tracking number or address that they were going to)
3. 5 transactions appeared on my credit card, the bank got suspicious and blocked them.
4. I could not figure out what they were for as they were way in excess of what I had been told (like double)
5. Spoke to my rep at sigsauer who could not provide me with a bill for work done so that I verify the transactions for the bank. The bank reassured me that I could dispute them if they turned out to be wrong, so I permitted them.
6. Both pistols were delivered to my waiting room without anyone signing and were just sitting there for anyone to take, should they wish.
7. The statements in the package confirmed my suspicions about the charges
8. Contacted the rep and complained. He responded with an apology for my "inconvenience" and said he was working on correcting the overcharge.
9. That was 9 days ago. No money has come into my bank and no further communications from them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Man, that is really f'ed up!!

I've had work done on my P220, P320, and P226 by Sig Sauer, and results were tip-top!

Just keep pressing them with daily calls. Tough I know, but what else can you do??

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
OP,
Your PHYSICAL address is the ONLY address that a manufacturer should return a handgun to,by Federal BATF&E regulations.

A local FFL,is not the rightful/transferred owner of said pistol,hence the reason for the debacle...created by you & you only.

The carrier's(FedEx) delivery person is the idiot for not attempting to acquire a signature instead of dropping said package where anyone could walk off w/ it.

Accounting probably double charged your account by mistake & a simple 'phone call would eliminate the simple mistake/issue.

Deal w/ the spineless,tree hugging,snowflakes at S&W PerfCtr in MA just once.

You'll be smiling,any time you call SIG SAUER Customer Service.

·
Registered
339 Posts
OP,
Your PHYSICAL address is the ONLY address that a manufacturer should return a handgun to,by Federal BATF&E regulations.

A local FFL,is not the rightful/transferred owner of said pistol,hence the reason for the debacle...created by you & you only.

The carrier's(FedEx) delivery person is the idiot for not attempting to acquire a signature instead of dropping said package where anyone could walk off w/ it.
True according to Federal law but not in California. The manufacturer must ship to an FFL, not the owner.

·
Registered
339 Posts
So,a transfer is required to get said handgun back in one's possession?
It gets worse.
The shipping FFL has to obtain an approval number from CA-DOJ and the receiving FFL has to have a special permit from DOJ.
I forget if the owner has to go through NICS all over again but I know they have to have the "Certificate of Eligibility" to take possion.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If your gun is shipped from an FFL, it can be returned to that FFL. Especially if the MFG won't cover the shipping, this is a much cheaper way to go ($25 vs $75).
People were standing in line to FUBAR this; at least the OP got his guns back, yes?
Moon

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to CommieFornia...

NEVER HAPPEN-
NY,VT,NJ.MA,CT,FL,MI,TX,LA,NM,AZ,CO,CA,OR,WA to name a few,will NEVER see my presence or a nickel of my money.PERIOD.

Paul in Nevada,
I'm aware of the CA DOJ BS.

halfmoonclip,
IF,an FFL ships a firearm to the manufacturer for repairs.
Once returned
A 4473 transfer/NICS should happen for said firearm to change hands once again.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi all,

I have owned a p226 and sp2022. After deciding to get some trigger work done and changing the sites, I contacted SigSauer and made the arrangements. They said I could not have the guns delivered back at my business address and someone needed to be able to receive them, so to be on the safe side I made arrangement with an FFL and had him pass the info to SigSauer. What followed was just plain stupid.
1. my inquiries on the status of the order went unanswered
2. I received an email that my order was completed and pistols were sent out (no service, bill or tracking number or address that they were going to)
3. 5 transactions appeared on my credit card, the bank got suspicious and blocked them.
4. I could not figure out what they were for as they were way in excess of what I had been told (like double)
5. Spoke to my rep at sigsauer who could not provide me with a bill for work done so that I verify the transactions for the bank. The bank reassured me that I could dispute them if they turned out to be wrong, so I permitted them.
6. Both pistols were delivered to my waiting room without anyone signing and were just sitting there for anyone to take, should they wish.
7. The statements in the package confirmed my suspicions about the charges
8. Contacted the rep and complained. He responded with an apology for my "inconvenience" and said he was working on correcting the overcharge.
9. That was 9 days ago. No money has come into my bank and no further communications from them.
I shipped a P228 to Sig a couple of years ago for the spa treatment. Dropped it off at my local FedEx and a week later it was returned TO MY HOME ADDRESS! "adult signature required". I guess I looked the part.
Of course this was in Maine, not Cal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.