SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magazine availability seems to be odd lately.

I've noticed a number of mags getting harder to find at common outlets.
TopGunSupply has had SIG mags "on sale" far longer than dealers generally run "a sale." And numerous magazines have been out of stock on their site for a while. Longer than usual - it seems.

This weekend, I noticed that MidwayUSA has both 15-round and 10-round 9mm mags for the P320 Compact (my Wife's carry weapon) "Out of Stock No Backorder." No backorder on magazines for the (arguably) most available model and caliber in the P320 line and (arguably) the most popular? This seems strange to me.

I'm beginning to wonder if SIG is about to dump Mec-Gar as a supplier of mags as yet another cost-cutting measure (that won't get passed on to anyone).

Is there a requirement that the magazines for the Army's modular handgun system be U.S. sourced? I can see the value in that.

But I'm starting to be mildly concerned that SIG will drop Mec-Gar altogether.

Then again, if that happens, maybe Mec-Gar will be free from contractual obligations to sell SIG magazines for other models at a lower price-point?

And maybe folks like Greg Cote can become an importer of low-cost SIG mags?

Or maybe I'm exhausted from overwork and extreme sleep deprivation?

Yes. This seems odd. <_<

Reactions: WolfKing

·
Registered
520 Posts
Interesting observation.

It would be great for the end-user of Mecgar were able to produce Sig magazines outside of their OEM contracts. With any luck that should mean cheaper mags and realistically there'd be little to no delay between Sig showing them the door and them pushing out volumes.

I wonder if perhaps Sig are suffering as a result of their successes with winning so many contracts recently. What's happening there? Have Sig been increasing the headcount in the factories?

It would be immensely stupid for them to terminate the deal with Mecgar without first having ensured that they can at least match the magazine output from Mecgar.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder if SIG is about to dump Mec-Gar as a supplier of mags as yet another cost-cutting measure (that won't get passed on to anyone).

Is there a requirement that the magazines for the Army's modular handgun system be U.S. sourced? I can see the value in that.

But I'm starting to be mildly concerned that SIG will drop Mec-Gar altogether.
I would be bummed if that was the case. I love the SIG (Mec-Gar) mags.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...It would be immensely stupid for them to terminate the deal with Mecgar without first having ensured that they can at least match the magazine output from Mecgar.
I guess that depends on whether or not their other supplier, Check-Mate Industries, can keep up.

Or maybe SIG is going with a second supplier that is worse than Check-Mate? :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.