SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this P938 a few weeks back and I've put a couple hundred rounds through it since then. While cleaning it today, I noticed some scratches/grooves in the feed ramp. Anybody experience something similar, and should I be worried? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks like a tooling mark, rather then a crack. Perhaps a slip during the machining process. Send it back if it bothers you.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
The barrel in the P938 is neither cast nor welded so we can rule those out as the culprit.

There is a transition area between the machined feed ramp and the machined chamber throat. From the pics it looks like a tool mark that didn't get blended completely. I doubt there is enough stress in that area to cause a crack.

Bottom line, I don't see it as an issue. If it bothers you though, call SIG and ask that they review your pics and provide a tech assessment.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Without feeling/seeing it first-hand, it's hard to tell. In one picture, it just looks like tooling marks that didn't get properly blended. In another picture, it looks like a poorly done weld repair.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A 928 a friend of mine ask me to polish the trigger had the same feed ramp markings. polished them out, and it shoots fine.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Had the same thing on a 938 Nightmare. A local gunsmith looked at it and said it should never have the factory that way. Mine wouldn't feed much except fmj. The good news is I sent it to Sig , they polished the feed ramp, came back in about 10 days looking nice and shiny and would feed anything from 90 gr. DPX to 147 gr. HST.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Are you sure your cleaning rod didn't do that?
While swooshing the brush back and forth thru barrel did you rub it with the rod?
Looks to me like what happened? Maybe?

But get a piece of Emory cloth and polish it a bit or some Flitz metal polish.
It will clean that up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.