SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a W. German P226 but they seem tough to find in either nice condition or for a decent price. So when I found a local modern Exeter-produced 9mm P226 for $500, and was able to talk the seller down to $425, I grabbed it. It's a CPO-P226 in great condition with just a touch of wear on the front sides of the slide. Two new Sig mags, manual (marked "pre-owned") and a red cardboard box with matching labels indicating a June 2014 rebuild. The rail is a picatinny rail and not that curved Sig-variant I have read of. I'm not a fan of rails so I'll probably install a laser just to cover it up...any laser suggestions that aesthetically look good on a P226?

I think I did well but I'm not too versed on Sigs in general.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
At $425 you killed it. Nice job.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Nice pickup! Probably spent it's early days as a Mk-25, given it has a true M1913 specification rail... prior to becoming a CPO. For $425, a definite bargain!

Congratulations

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Great job on that pickup! Looks VERY clean indeed. For what you spent, you could upgrade to the Short Reset Trigger kit, some nice Hogue G-10 grips (lots to choose from) and truly make it your own for a relative song!

Have fun and Safe Shooting!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know I did alright.

I haven't shot it yet, but the grips definitely need to go, I can feel the right panel "flex" and pinch the lower part of my right palm. Can anyone recommend a thin, single-piece grip for the 226, preferably in black/matte?

Besides the laser I'll pick up a 1/2x28 threaded barrel so I can use this as a host with my suppressors. I've read that the 226 is one of the quieter hosts that one can select. I've shot a suppressed 226 before, but there are so many variables and it was years ago, so I can't say if I noticed a difference to my ear. But I wouldn't mind another host.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Congratulations! You hit on a great deal.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Nice find. It may be a MK25, due to the rail.

CPO SIGs have re-coated Nitron slides. Why the Anchor is missing.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on that "steal". Seems like you scored a MK25 FrankenSIG CPO. That would explain why there is no anchor on the slide. Now all you have to do is clean, lube, shoot, repeat. ;) :D Have fun!!

Reactions: FLASIG
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.