SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a sig p220 and im very new to sigs my only previous one was the p224 i bought a week ago and returned to get this one beacuse it constantly jammed i was planning on getting a new m11-a1 they had there until the owner said we just had someone trade an "old german sig in today" even with my limited knolege i could tell it wasent completely german or all that old but for less then half the price i couldent resist

My p220 says "made in germany" on the extractor side and "exeter NH" on the other the frame only has the serial number with is printed on it "G356 xxxxxx" it has a rolled steel slide with an interal extractor

So i just want any info you more knolegable guys have on my gun like common problems?? Ect.

Just got today going to run a ton of winchester white box in it sometime this week ill update this after words

Thanks

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
More than likely it was made in Germany and imported to NH where the Sig USA HQ is located. It would be easier for folks to tell if you have pics of all the pertinent info, like the sides of the gun, along with the marking under the frame near the muzzle. That is a code for dating.

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can grad some pics tommarow for sure and it does not have those marks nor does it have any german proof marks that ive seen are the ones i wrote i didnt see any when i stripped the gun at the store but i will certainly take another look inside it

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
Trvrdgr1234, GCBHM is right, pictures would help. Short of having them, your pistol could possibly need to be checked out.
Sig has their Full Service Package for $84.95, where they will detail strip it, clean and lubricate it, go through it, and replace worn springs.
Check it all out here:https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

This is where the markings are located...

Attachments

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trvrdgr1234, GCBHM is right, pictures would help. Short of having them, your pistol could possibly need to be checked out.
Sig has their Full Service Package for $84.95, where they will detail strip it, clean and lubricate it, go through it, and replace worn springs.
Check it all out here:https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

This is where the markings are located...
there are no marks there on my gun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possible my frame and slide were not sold together as new becuase i dont have any of those marks on the frame and a "made in germany slide"

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
Is it possible my frame and slide were not sold together as new becuase i dont have any of those marks on the frame and a "made in germany slide"
I doubt it. You just have a newer gun that was assembled in the US. Only German made guns have those other marks. I date it by your serial G356855 to be 2004. It looks to be in good shape (by what I can see). If I remember correctly SIG was selling guns at this time with both stainless slides and carbon steel slides.

My P220ST (G332XXX) doesn't quite always like Winchester white box ammo so be prepared for some malfunctions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the solid info bblr and yeah i will keep that in mind ill hope for the best becuase im pretty well stocked on that stuff its what ive always used in 1911s

What range ammo does your sig prefer??

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
I typically just use WWB, but I do occasionally get some malfunctions. I don't worry about it as it's not a HD/SD weapon. WWB is notoriously under-powered, but I only have issues in .45ACP. My P239's, P225's, P229's, P226, and P6 absolutely love the stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.