SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice. I really think I would like a P320 with ms. I currently don’t want to spend the money. Would I be crazy to try to trade a W. German P226 in great condition with 4 magazines for a new P320? Could I make an even trade. Would appreciate advice. I really love the P226, I just don’t shoot it much and can’t really add any accessories. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
That sound you hear is Sylvester's son placing a paper bag over his head in shame

I shoot P320s well and have owned a few. It is a nice striker pistol but compared to a WG P226 well, guess which will continue to climb in value and which will not

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have the original box, manual, test target it's a keeper.
I don’t think I have the box or manual as I remember it came in a cardboard box with manual spent shell casing and possibly target. I put the gun in a soft case and I have moved. It’s possible it’s around but that was roughly 30 years ago when I bought it. Didn’t even cross my mind that it would make it more valuable as I was a kid and at that time didn’t know better. Same thing with my GI Joe’s and my kids He Man etc.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Keep your P226.

The P320 is a different experience - a good gun to shoot, but a very different thing in hand.

With patience, I would expect the P320 to drop in price over time - especially the basic ones without all the cosmetic enhancements. Right now things continue to be crazy in demand, but this won't last forever.

Reactions: hauki and ctyatty

·
Registered
57 Posts
471A68F8-9B1B-4276-A0E7-850B3C52D63A.jpeg

My West German P226 born in 1988 when I was a sophomore in high school, bought used for $400 USD in 1994. Along with my deceased dad’s Colt Trooper Mark V 4” barrel and his S&W 5903, this would probably by one of the last guns I ever sell. But then again, I don’t sell or trade guns often.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts