SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just picked up my 365 and broke it down for it’s initial cleaning. I noticed what looks like corrosion in the inside of the slide on the muzzle end. The metal is smooth, and it has not been fired or left out anywhere. Picture is attached. Any ideas? Is this normal?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
10,963 Posts
That look quite normal. Just shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The slide of the P365 is made of stainless steel, not carbon steel. That doesn't really look like rust to me at least. Yes, stainless means stain less and not stain or rust free ,but I doubt your new gun has rust of any sort direct from the factory.

Shoot and enjoy you new Sig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The slide of the P365 is made of stainless steel, not carbon steel. That doesn't really look like rust to me at least. Yes, stainless means stain less and not stain or rust free ,but I doubt your new gun has rust of any sort direct from the factory.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thank you and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
That is the result of the process of treating it to the Nitron finish. Usually where a fixture holds the slide. All Nitron slides will have that in places. I can't recall ever seeing a Nitron slide that didn't have an area like that and/or had it in tight areas like the slide's grooves that ride the frame.

Reactions: JohnnyTrash

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the result of the process of treating it to the Nitron finish. Usually where a fixture holds the slide. All Nitron slides will have that in places. I can't recall ever seeing a Nitron slide that didn't have an area like that and/or had it in tight areas like the slide's grooves that ride the frame.
Thank you very much for the input!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts