SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the archives and Googled until I was blue in the face... and I still don't get it. :( Please help. :)

I own a P229RM (newest model - MA-compliant). It works great with new P229-1 magazines. It also works great with old factory P228/P229 pre-ban hi-cap magazines (yes, still legal to own in my moonbat state). But it will not work at all with an old Ram-Line P228 15-round hi-cap magazine. :confused:

Why is that? :confused:

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
I've searched the archives and Googled until I was blue in the face... and I still don't get it. :( Please help. :)

I own a P229RM (newest model - MA-compliant). It works great with new P229-1 magazines. It also works great with old factory P228/P229 pre-ban hi-cap magazines (yes, still legal to own in my moonbat state). But it will not work at all with an old Ram-Line P228 15-round hi-cap magazine. :confused:

Why is that? :confused:
12131 is correct, basically their design left a lot to be desired. Once upon a time, I bought a couple for my Browning High Power, as IIRC they held a couple of extra rounds than "stock". This was because they used something similar to a flat spiral torsion spring, to eliminate the normal spring space required under the follower, when the magazine was fully loaded.
Maintaining correct spring pressure was their major fault... IIRC, they are easily recognizable by the rivet that connects the spring to the magazine body.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
12131 is correct, basically their design left a lot to be desired. Once upon a time, I bought a couple for my Browning High Power, as IIRC they held a couple of extra rounds than "stock". This was because they used something similar to a flat spiral torsion spring, to eliminate the normal spring space required under the follower, when the magazine was fully loaded.
Maintaining correct spring pressure was their major fault... IIRC, they are easily recognizable by the rivet that connects the spring to the magazine body.
Yeah, their "springless" mag design was like a novelty at the time. Users quickly realized what POS they were.
Okay, so it sounds like these magazines are essentially useless even to someone with a P228 or a pre-2010 P229, correct? :confused:

Sounds like I got zinged. :( Live and learn. :mellow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.