SIG Talk banner

Contemplating Apex Trigger P320sc

2178 Views 20 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  TFNY
Is this an easy install? DIY or do I need to employ a gunsmith?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
I agree. I'm an amateur, at this and I have made multiple trigger swaps no problem. First, the Apex. I really liked what it did for me because the stock curved trigger bit my finger and the Apex cured that. But then I decided I wanted less pull and tried the GGI flat PELT. Took the pull from 7#8oz down to 5#12oz with the same basic feel as the Apex. Love it!

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I agree. I'm an amateur, at this and I have made multiple trigger swaps no problem. First, the Apex. I really liked what it did for me because the stock curved trigger bit my finger and the Apex cured that. But then I decided I wanted less pull and tried the GGI flat PELT. Took the pull from 7#8oz down to 5#12oz with the same basic feel as the Apex. Love it!
Big difference in price I think, but if it works price is not a factor. I'm not a competition shooter, so not sure how the trigger pull would affect me. Friend has a piece that has near a hair trigger, found myself busting the cap before I was ready to shoot.

Ordered the Gray Guns PELT.

· Registered
697 Posts
The install is easy. Just make sure you have a pair of needle nose pliers on deck and you should be fine. Removing the lil spring for the trigger can be done with fingers but it's not worth the wasted time trying and hurting your fingers to be that guy to be like "I didn't even need pliers to remove/install the spring!"

· Registered
482 Posts
Having installed both (using the Apex technique, I bent the trigger spring) I can emphatically tell you to use the Gray Guns technique as posted on their site, even if you are installing the Apex trigger only. It's much easier!

Reactions: MMinSC

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Installation is simple. Here's a good "How-To" video to guide you through the process.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLecws18SWidp-15LHmzT6GA

For me, the flat Apex trigger feels good and reduces the tendency to push/pull your shots by an off-center trigger squeeze. The only downside I've had so far is getting used to the slight sting the Apex trigger has.

There is a slight wiggle to the trigger (nothing terrible but slight) and I think the shot recoil reverberates through the trigger. Reminds me of hitting a baseball bat against a large tree. The sting is more surprising than painful and after a few rounds you forget about it.

All in all, no regrets making the switch.

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the feedback. After reading all and another thread on here, I decided the Gary Guns PELT was the better option. Will be another learning curve to conquer. Thanks again.

· Registered
198 Posts
I bent my first spring using pliers and it was still a struggle. The two videos above are definitely the way to go. They differ on teardown method (the easier part) but both work well. They are the same when comes to replacement (the harder part) and that's where the videos are most helpful. Very simple. These methods work well with all triggers- stock, Apex and PELT. An additional virtue of the PELT is that you can install it with the stock spring and get a pull that is intermediate between stock and full install.

· Registered
231 Posts
The install is easy. Just make sure you have a pair of needle nose pliers on deck and you should be fine. Removing the lil spring for the trigger can be done with fingers but it's not worth the wasted time trying and hurting your fingers to be that guy to be like "I didn't even need pliers to remove/install the spring!"
Watch the Grayguns video on the PELT trigger starting at about 11:45.

This technique for reinstalling the trigger return spring makes it easy, and yes, I have also been able to do it in reverse.

· Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
480 Posts
Does anyone know if the Apex works on the 45 ACP FCU? Some say it does, some say it doesn't. Has anyone here tried it?

· Registered
512 Posts
Does anyone know if the Apex works on the 45 ACP FCU? Some say it does, some say it doesn't. Has anyone here tried it?

It does work. I have contacted Apex and it works. I just havent installed it on my P320 .45s because i still prefer the curved trigger

My full size 9mm has the apex

· Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
480 Posts
I bent my first spring using pliers and it was still a struggle. The two videos above are definitely the way to go. They differ on teardown method (the easier part) but both work well. They are the same when comes to replacement (the harder part) and that's where the videos are most helpful. Very simple. These methods work well with all triggers- stock, Apex and PELT. An additional virtue of the PELT is that you can install it with the stock spring and get a pull that is intermediate between stock and full install.
I tried installing the Apex - the videos definitely help. I didn't have any issues with the trigger, but I had a pin fall out of the FCU and then an internal spring and so I had to take it in to a gunsmith as I didn't want to make it worse. If I had just kept my finger over the pin, or just put a piece of tape over it temporarily, I think I would have been just fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.