SIG Talk banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice... Coomon sense ain't so common, is it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sane folks would focus on the perpetrators, not their implements.

Watch what happens in America over the next six weeks.

Who's really crazy?

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 for Julio. Bravo!

We need a "talking points" thread for those of us gun owners who are not "cunning linguists" .... I never thought of most of Julio's points.

I stifled alot of "Facebook Friends" yesterday by pointing out two things;

1) 168 innocent people were killed - including 3 pregnant women and 19 children in day care - in the Oklahoma City building bombing. This was done using a rental truck and fertilizer (of course, some other components)...NOT firearms.

2) Nearly 3000 innocent people were killed on 9/11/01 by men who were armed with box cutters and plane tickets....NOT firearms.

Some of us can look/sound like uneducated hicks when publicly debating gun control topics. Some simple talking points backed by simple facts would be a great thread.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'd bet most of us here have safes. I'd most of our friends who truly know us know we have a safe.
I can also tell you this from 30 years in daily newspapering, and JHC alone knows how many police reports I've read: The bulk of burglars are opportunists. They are not safecrackers or even "residential security container" crackers.
Yes, use a safe. No, don't place it where it can be seen from outside or by a casual visitor.
And for goodness sakes, restrict that combination to very few people in the world. The executor of my estate -- who happens to be a guy I've hunted pheasant with for nearly 20 years -- knows my combo. That's it.
And even I don't know the combo to his safe; I sure as **** hope his wife does, 'cause if something happens to him, we're going to have get that mofo drilled by a smith. There's some family heirloom guns in there.
My only nephew who shoots once remarked, "If you and dad were both to go at the same time, I'd be up to my *** in guns."
I told him, "Damn straight ... and find a place with one hell of a floor, 'cause your daddy's safe and mine ain't going to work out real well in some cheap-*** third-floor walk-up."

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
AFTER we get past the mourning of these gone angels,we as a nation have to wake up and smell the coffee. This evil has so many facets that need to be addressed. There is no one answer to the problem.The problem has to be identified before there is a solution. It is human nature to hide the problem in this case being the problem is man himself. Not guns!!! It is going to take parents,family,pastors,doctors,friends,teachers,brothers and sisters all to solve .There are plenty of discussions to be had.
My prayers to all the families.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just some food for thought here. The man who took the lives of those children and adults was the son of the vice president of GE capital. The shooter in Colorado was the son of a very wealthy banker as well. What the hell are the odds of that. Numerous students and teachers recall seeing numerous shadows and/or shooters when this broke out. The only ones that ever saw the truth are no longer living, they were shot numerous times to solidify that. The shooter's mom was killed by him supposedly. If this isnt interesting food for thought, I dont know what is.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just some food for thought here. The man who took the lives of those children and adults was the son of the vice president of GE capital. The shooter in Colorado was the son of a very wealthy banker as well. What the hell are the odds of that. Numerous students and teachers recall seeing numerous shadows and/or shooters when this broke out. The shooter's mom was killed by him supposedly. If this isnt interesting food for thought, I dont know what is.
Must be the liberals setting us gun owners up again :rolleyes:

Cant be serious... Right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am very serious about that assumption. Its not about republicans or democrats anymore. We have been wittled down and dumbed down to not notice the changes that are being made around us. 99% of people in this country have never heard of the National Defense Authorizaion Act, 99% of our citizens do not realize that the DHS has purchased millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition in case of a "civil war", 99% of this country could care less about anything that is going on. Well, im the 1% that does.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I am very serious about that assumption. Its not about republicans or democrats anymore. We have been wittled down and dumbed down to not notice the changes that are being made around us. 99% of people in this country have never heard of the National Defense Authorizaion Act, 99% of our citizens do not realize that the DHS has purchased millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition in case of a "civil war", 99% of this country could care less about anything that is going on. Well, im the 1% that does.
DARFA ring a bell?

·
Registered
35,489 Posts
For me it is a simple question.
If concealed carry can't work in a school, then why can it work anywhere else?
There was a school in Alabama where a teacher stopped a mass killer. And paid dearly forhis heroism.
Why have so many States passed the legal ability ( not the right) one after the other all across the country? I got my CCL for one reason only. I believe it makes my State a safer place to live and visit.
As a Country we never seem to explore how crime changed, as eash State passed.
Then compare it to Austrialia, or Chicago, NY, etc.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts