SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Yeah, but fortunately none of the 22 kids stabbed were killed. I agree, guns are not the problem, but guns in the wrong hands are a big problem and that must be addressed.
Sure. But the dude was autistic. He wasn't supposed to be able to own a gun anyways.

Not to mention, "gun free zones" like an elementary school that ban law obeying people from carrying are essentially shooting galleries for nut jobs.

Last time I checked, it's impossible to ban nut jobs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
385 Posts
My 3 year old daughter is going to be getting a GIANT hug and smooch in about 1/2 hour!

May God embrace these young souls and damn that ******* for eternity. My heart is so broken.
A big +1 on that brother. I could make this out to a statement about 2nd amendment rights, and that day will come soon enough. But not today. This is a day for mourning the lives of children lost.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Well KennyD here in the area I'm at the have school police at some of the schools but I don't see how much good they'll do if they're just sittin around or if there's only one or 2 of theem! My cousins went to Pasadena High School and there was only a few at any given time and I was able to just walk onto campus to see anyone I wanted at any given time but I was younger then and probly passed for one of the students at that time but my wife went there too and said they weren't even allowed to carry their duty weapons because it was school property so they were basically just security officers lookin for kids skipping school in the first place!:( its a sad time we live in when our kids aren't even safe in a place WE send them for an education!:(

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Well KennyD here in the area I'm at the have school police at some of the schools but I don't see how much good they'll do if they're just sittin around or if there's only one or 2 of theem! My cousins went to Pasadena High School and there was only a few at any given time and I was able to just walk onto campus to see anyone I wanted at any given time but I was younger then and probly passed for one of the students at that time but my wife went there too and said they weren't even allowed to carry their duty weapons because it was school property so they were basically just security officers lookin for kids skipping school in the first place!:( its a sad time we live in when our kids aren't even safe in a place WE send them for an education!:(
Times have changed and I feel that if there was an armed police officer was at that school, even in a room, once gunshots rang out, a trained officer would have taken out a deranged 20 yr old before that many innocent children were killed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was talking with a friend of mine earlier about armed guards.
My thinking is that, instead of police officers (nothing against cops, I love the police), schools should simply hire a few armed guards, relative to the physical size of the school. Not guards that stand at every doorway, patting down everyone that walks in, but guards that "patrol" the school, and are armed, and trained to do what is necessary. If the school can't afford to hire guards, then they could institute a program where the local PD trains the teachers and staff in everything they need to know, and how to do what's necessary, and the teachers and staff will be armed, while adhering to a very strict set of rules, with relatively severe punishments for breaking them (such as, if a teacher leaves their gun on their desk and leaves the room while there are students in the classroom, they would be fired immediately).

Obviously this isn't a perfect system, as I only thought of it today, but I think it makes sense.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was talking with a friend of mine earlier about armed guards.
My thinking is that, instead of police officers (nothing against cops, I love the police), schools should simply hire a few armed guards, relative to the physical size of the school. Not guards that stand at every doorway, patting down everyone that walks in, but guards that "patrol" the school, and are armed, and trained to do what is necessary. If the school can't afford to hire guards, then they could institute a program where the local PD trains the teachers and staff in everything they need to know, and how to do what's necessary, and the teachers and staff will be armed, while adhering to a very strict set of rules, with relatively severe punishments for breaking them (such as, if a teacher leaves their gun on their desk and leaves the room while there are students in the classroom, they would be fired immediately).

Obviously this isn't a perfect system, as I only thought of it today, but I think it makes sense.

I agree. A plan such as this could save countless numbers of school kids from ever experiencing something like this in the future.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've seen a lot of chatter on the liberal media tonight about "gun control" and its role in what happened today. I couldn't agree more. The State of Connecticut makes it a crime to possess a gun on school property. Had just one staff member been a responsible, trained gun carrier at the elementary that was assaulted today, the outcome could have been quite different. A trained, armed staff member could have intervened with a reasonable probability of defeating a deranged, 20 year-old kid. However, with the insane, illogical law in place that bans all guns on school property, the State of Connecticut essentially made itself a willing accomplice.

I agree with everyone who says that gun control was the problem today. We need much LESS of it. The State of Connecticut murdered 26 people today.

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
unless i'm mistaken, it's a crime to possess a gun on school property in every state unless your there for a firearm class.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't even know what to say about the families left behind. They have questions that will never be answered and a lifetime of feeling incomplete.

^ Sig228Nut, I couldn't agree with you more.
However if we all focus the method of these things, they will never be fixed. There will always be an effective method to evil; to take away guns invites bombs.

We need to focus on why and fix the people that snap. We haven't even started addressing violent triggered people. The mass murderers are the normal appearing people, and then instantly in one day flip to evil.

I see the true fix to be delayed once again by sidetracking of gun laws. If gov. cared about fixing this, they would fund psychiatric care to the level they co-op hospitals.

Today my daughter told me they always have one and sometimes two uniformed police offers patrolling their school high-school hallways, fully armed with "extra mags going around their belt".

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can not expect a teacher to double duty as an armed guard. Too much liability in that. Plus they could be charged criminally and civilly if things got out of hand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Expect our gun laws nationwide to get tough! Please insure that your fireams are locked up in a tamper-proof safe when not in your possesion. And 'never' lend your weapon to anyone! You are responsible for the actions of 'your' weapon. And please keep these children and faculty members who passed today in your prayers. Amen!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You can not expect a teacher to double duty as an armed guard. Too much liability in that. Plus they could be charged criminally and civilly if things got out of hand.
I'm not talking about them being armed guards, I'm talking about them simply possessing a firearm on their person, and being trained in its use, then going about their business normally.
A security guard could also be charged criminally and civilly if things got out of hand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Simply possessing a firearm and having them trained to use it is placing them in an armed security position.

In fact, most companies do not allow their employees to possess a firearm on premises.

And as far as a security guard being sued, that comes with the job and is part of their responsibility of how to avoid that from occurring.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't see how someone being capable of defending themselves and others puts some kind of unbearable burden on them, nor do I see how a teacher could not be taught how to avoid such situations as well as a security guard.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
As long as the teacher is willing to have proper training so as not to accidentally wound a child, then give THEM the choice. This isn't about burdening teachers with extra responsibility, this is about letting them keep the responsibility to defend themselves.

·
Registered
303 Posts
As long as the teacher is willing to have proper training so as not to accidentally wound a child, then give THEM the choice. This isn't about burdening teachers with extra responsibility, this is about letting them keep the responsibility to defend themselves.
Thank you! I was having trouble thinking of the right words. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it was that simple why hasn't it been done already? Perhaps someone saw the risks exceeded the rewards.
Let teachers teach and security, police, etc protect. Plus, these are not solutions to prevent events such as this from happening. If one person dies at the hand of someone else than that is one person too many.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If it was that simple why hasn't it been done already? Perhaps someone saw the risks exceeded the rewards.
Let teachers teach and security, police, etc protect. Plus, these are not solutions to prevent events such as this from happening. If one person at dies at the hand of someone else than that is one person too many.
Seriously? So if something isn't in place, it's not a good thing? So the recent ruling that the ban on civilians carrying firearms for protection in Illinois is actually a BAD thing, because it hadn't been in place before?

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Let teachers teach and security, police, etc protect. Plus, these are not solutions to prevent events such as this from happening. If one person at dies at the hand of someone else than that is one person too many.
Gee, I don't know. Why hasn't drinking and driving become an instant felony already? If you want to trust the bureaucrats, then by all means enjoy your little bubble.

41 - 60 of 155 Posts