SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 dead elementary students. 8 dead adults. Single shooter among dead. Weapons were 2 9mms--one a Glock, the other a Sig. Awful, just awful.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Words cannot describe how sick this act was. I don't know what was wrong with the shooter, but to go after elementary school kids...I don't even know what to say... Praying for the victims and their families

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also today, a man in China stabbed 33 school children with a knife.

Shows that fundamentally this is a problem with people, not any particular weapon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There will be a push for more gun and knife control coming....that would have prevented those innocent children from being killed by a psychopath.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well of course there will be, unless you think that we should violate his right to counsel and psychiatric screening and the ever popular insanity plea.

One thing I always respected about the time I spent in Saudi Arabia (go ahead and flame) was this [email protected] head would roll within the week.

·
Registered
467 Posts
There has been no reporting of what guns he used or his tactics or motives. Let's stick with factual information.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There has been no reporting of what guns he used or his tactics or motives. Let's stick with factual information.
Multiple reports of what guns he used, actually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's never mentioned when events like this happen is the mental condition of the perp. Is it PTSD, family issues that pushed them, SSRI drug use forced on to him by "health providers"?

We all know it's not the tool used,it's the operator that did this.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HDLN reported the gunman ironically had a Glock and a Sig. This was an incomprehensible travesty to say the least.
Also widely reported on NBC and elsewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can't even think about the politics or what was used. That will come later with certainty. All I can think about are the little ones and their families. The parents.. what they must be going through. Absolutely terrible. I'll be hugging my children extra tight today.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I feel so sorry for all the children, adults and their families. I will hold my children a little tighter! Should I just sell my guns now before the government takes them?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Unfortunately, this is humanity... It seems that we are beings of extremes.
On one hand, we are capable of incredible kindness, compassion, and bravery.
On the other hand, we are also capable of extreme cruelty, malice, and cowardice.
"Coward" is one of the few words that can describe any person who would do what has been done today.
Only a cowardly fool would attack unarmed children.
This is the kind of tragedy that we NEED to be prepared to defend against.
The police are only able to respond to crimes. Don't get me wrong, I love the police force, but it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for them to completely prevent tragedies like these.
In order to stop these things as soon as they start, the police would need to have already BEEN THERE when it started. They aren't.
BUT WE ARE.
Civilians ARE there when things start, and the best chance we have to stop these criminal psychopaths as soon as possible, with as little CASUALTIES as possible, is for civilians to stop them.
A study done earlier this year found that the average amount of people murdered in a shooting rampage when that rampage is stopped by police, is 14.3 people. The average amount of people murdered in a rampage stopped by CIVILIANS? 2.3 people.
That in itself should be enough to convince people to be prepared for situations like this.
If WE won't protect our CHILDREN, no one will.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 3 year old daughter is going to be getting a GIANT hug and smooch in about 1/2 hour!

May God embrace these young souls and damn that ******* for eternity. My heart is so broken.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts