SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

馃帠USN Retired
Last date I went on, with my wife, long story, she says "sit here, so you can see the door of the restaurant. "
But, in reality, I dont ask them, as you never know, she may be carrying more than latex protection and mace in that purse.

Premium Member
Since the age of 16 I have yet to go on a first date where she wouldn't find a concealed carry weapon within a few hours and have never carried a gun on my person on a first date. Most of my first dates involved alcohol at some point in the date at dinner, a bar or club so I couldn't have one on me anyway. Now I don't drink or date and work all of the time so I carry whenever I want unless I am at work because I don't like being arrested or shot at

I can almost imagine hearing is that a gun or are you happy to see me

馃帠USA Veteran
Ha! Love it! My wife always tells me how 鈥渉ardcore鈥 I am and that I am a 鈥渟harp edge鈥 but you make me look like an amateur 馃槀
Give you an example of dating. Met this woman and we arranged to go out to dinner. Well, being careful and exercising due diligence I ran a check on her. Lo and behold she had a felony warrant for embezzlement. I didn't say a thing. Went to pick her up and she walked out to the car looking exceptional. I asked her if she brought ID and she stated yes with a perplexed look in her eye. She asked, "where we going?" I calmly said, "me to dinner, you to jail". Booked into the county for her charge and went and had a pizza. The booking guys had all kinds of jokes. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Give you an example of dating. Met this woman and we arranged to go out to dinner. Well, being careful and exercising due diligence I ran a check on her. Lo and behold she had a felony warrant for embezzlement. I didn't say a thing. Went to pick her up and she walked out to the car looking exceptional. I asked her if she brought ID and she stated yes with a perplexed look in her eye. She asked, "where we going?" I calmly said, "me to dinner, you to jail". Booked into the county for her charge and went and a pizza. The booking guys had all kinds of jokes. :ROFLMAO:
Perfect except you should have done all of that AFTER the date! You could have hauled her in after breakfast the next morning! 馃槅

馃帠USA Veteran
Perfect except you should have done all of that AFTER the date! You could have hauled her in after breakfast the next morning! 馃槅
Lol, funny addendum, a few months later I ran into her, and she asked if we could go out and hoped things hadn't changed. I calmly said, "I don't date customers" :ROFLMAO: I said it in a kind, loving, and understanding way.

Registered
Out of pure curiosities sake, id be interested in hearing experiences concerning concealed carrying and dating, and how you handled it. I think this is a relevant real world topic and something I鈥檝e never really heard anything about (advise wise.)

Let me start by saying, let鈥檚 all be adult here, and handle this topic academically (we all know there are many jokes that could be made with a topic such as this, but let鈥檚 avoid those and consider the topic seriously, someone could really find themselves in a situation in the dating world and something said here could be the difference between a good and bad experience/outcome)

So let鈥檚 begin by understanding that when your dating and at the end of the night a date sometimes ends in the bedroom鈥 if your a practiced concealed carrier, you carry unnoticed and undetected. But what happens when it鈥檚 inevitable that due to circumstances that it鈥檚 most likely the woman your with is going to notice, feel and or see your CCW at some point and she reacts unfavorably to it鈥 how should you, or how have you handled this situation in the past? I was asked this question and I really didn鈥檛 have a good answer really鈥 I understand that situations vary,鈥. Where does this hypothetical situation happen? A hotel, your place, her place e.t.c. As a responsible prepaid citizen that carries concealed. What is the appropriate way to handle this situation? Do you inform the woman before hand that you carry concealed or do you not? Do you leave your CCW in the truck..? But what if a situation presents itself that you really need your CCW and it鈥檚 not on you, it鈥檚 in the truck, (just to name a few possible options)

how does a modern day gentleman and prepared citizen balance these two worlds. Concealed carrying and dating?

Let鈥檚 hear your thoughts!
I thought I saw this topic brought up in one of the USCCA presentations. They used an actual couple's experience. I think they the boyfriend was actually pleased to know. It was the female who was the concealed carrier. If my memory serves me right, the conclusion was to be upfront with the subject.

馃帠USAF Retired
Although I haven't dated in years (decades, actually), if I was questioned why I'm carrying a pistol, I would use the same line as Sean Connery in the opening scene of Goldfinger when asked why he (James Bond) always carries a gun, and his reply was, "I have a slight inferiority complex." Doctor's orders kind of thing.

馃帠USA Veteran Premium Member
I just whip it out and ask what she thinks of it...
did that...
ended up changing plans and going out back and shooting up the wood pile....
which was ok because that turned out to be an aphrodisiac....

馃帠USA Veteran Premium Member
It can get dicey when the comparisons start about whose is bigger...
ain't that the truth..
your 226 in .357 Sig vs her Stainless Redhawk in .41 mag...

• Wow
Reactions: Dumbdumb
41 - 60 of 66 Posts