SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
If she has a problem with you carrying, maybe she's not the right one.

·
🎖USA Retired
237 Posts
I can see where this might be a issue for young people. They will tend to date faster. By that I mean meet or get set up by friends without knowing much about each other. More worried about looks or other stuff that doesn't really matter. The other person's job, car, where they hang out that kind of stuff.
I guess for me having been in the military it's kind of assumed handles guns. Also as you get older you learn what you are looking for and want. You'll pick up clues in conversation better. Also as you age you will actually establish who you really are.
I don't think I would get along with any woman that doesn't like or understand I excise my second amendment regularly. I have taken most women I've dated for a while shooting.
I take it seriously do some at home training for safety and familiarization with what we will be shooting. Some dry fire practice then hit the range.
I think most women will also figure me out pretty quick in conversation. I'm no snowflake and have my opinions about most everything. Pretty easy to figure out what I like and don't like. One of the best compliments I've ever gotten was from a woman that told me " you're like a real live Clint Eastwood character."
And my momma wonders why I'm not married.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It appears that most of the responses here are from married folks. I, too am married. But I am interested to know how actual "single" people deal with this.

·
🎖USA Veteran
4,801 Posts
If there are any women left available that aren't lined up to meet @paularmola (no offense Paul, but post #3...damn... 😂), it wouldn't hurt to consider things from her perspective.

That being said, as @sagerat noted, this topic might be one you bring up in conversation, early in the relationship.

Considering that many individuals are ignorant of firearms and only know what they see on the news or TV, their reaction might be off-putting when they see one, quite possibly for the first time.

Being respectful to her, I would definitely bring up the subject early and then you'll know what she thinks. If she's surprised and not well informed on firearms, this will be your opportunity to educate.

Or she may react harshly, slap your face and say "You're just like another guy I dated. His name was Paul." :hysterical:
Yea, I'm kinda high maintenance. I always said that there isn't a woman made that can control me. However, I don't make it a habit to be around those that try or think to try. You can tell what their makeup is rather quickly and move on or away from there. Most like the confidence and can-do attitude I exude. But then again, I've never had the proverbial, "do you like me? I like you." thing :ROFLMAO: If someone starts a deep conversation with "I feel" then move quickly to the exits. It's a sure indicator that their compass is emotion related vs, thought or logic related.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I make sit easy and see if there are available women at the range or LGS.
There are so many other requirements they have to pass, many don't get to the firearms requirement.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Yea, I'm kinda high maintenance. I always said that there isn't a woman made that can control me. However, I don't make it a habit to be around those that try or think to try. You can tell what their makeup is rather quickly and move on or away from there. Most like the confidence and can-do attitude I exude. But then again, I've never had the proverbial, "do you like me? I like you." thing :ROFLMAO: If someone starts a deep conversation with "I feel" then move quickly to the exits. It's a sure indicator that their compass is emotion related vs, thought or logic related.

Too many women think men are emasculated p whipped slaves. If they don't share my point of view they don't get far, I'm not giving up my values.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ha! Love it! My wife always tells me how “hardcore” I am and that I am a “sharp edge” but you make me look like an amateur 😂

21 - 40 of 66 Posts