SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, New member here. p229 owner in Massachusetts. Got my Class A LTC just a few months ago and surprise surprise it has a hunting/target restriction on it. Any fellow MA gun owners have any luck with getting an unrestricted with your renewal? I would like to CC eventually when I feel I'm ready for it but am completely annoyed that I don't have the option right now considering I'm a law abiding productive member of society and its my right to bear arms. We don't need to get into that discussion. Really just wondering if some people from MA have had luck in getting their unrestricted LTC and if so did you need to prove your marksmanship (through further certifications/classes) or did you have to lawyer up to appeal the restriction? I know its really dependent on your local police department (i'm in Braintree) but just wondering if i should give up all hope or start doing some things now to help lift the restriction in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello all, New member here. p229 owner in Massachusetts. Got my Class A LTC just a few months ago and surprise surprise it has a hunting/target restriction on it. Any fellow MA gun owners have any luck with getting an unrestricted with your renewal?
Hey congrats on the the LTC, and boo on the restriction.
I feel your pain as a fellow citizen of the People's Republic of Masslandia.
I was fortunate to have run the gaunlet and gotten an unrestricted LTC first time out.

You can definetely appeal the restriction and perhaps get it lifted without waiting to renew (5 years).

Go Here and also join NES:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ur-restrictions-removed-See-this-post-for-how

It's likely you may be able to get the restriction lifted without lawyering up just by asking why you got the restriction and if there are any steps you could take (i.e. more training, joining a gun club, demonstrating need). Contact Comm2a or GOAL and they should be able to give you more direction.

I'm sorry you got a restriction, but at least you can start buying guns and enjoying them at the range. If things go sideways (WROL) you'll have them and restrictions wont mean anything.

The application process in MA is pretty messed up, but most people that get restrictions make the mistake of saying that your purpose for getting an LTC is hunting, competition, or target shooting.
The purpose should always be self-defense, defense of family and personal property, and ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES.
Never accept any restriction, even when pressed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey congrats on the the LTC, and boo on the restriction.
I feel your pain as a fellow citizen of the People's Republic of Masslandia.
I was fortunate to have run the gaunlet and gotten an unrestricted LTC first time out.

You can definetely appeal the restriction and perhaps get it lifted without waiting to renew (5 years).

Go Here and also join NES:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ur-restrictions-removed-See-this-post-for-how

It's likely you may be able to get the restriction lifted without lawyering up just by asking why you got the restriction and if there are any steps you could take (i.e. more training, joining a gun club, demonstrating need). Contact Comm2a or GOAL and they should be able to give you more direction.

I'm sorry you got a restriction, but at least you can start buying guns and enjoying them at the range. If **** you'll have them and restrictions wont mean anything.

The application process in MA is pretty messed up, but most people that get restrictions make the mistake of saying that your purpose for getting an LTC is hunting, competition, or target shooting.
The purpose should always be self-defense, defense of family and personal property, and ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES.
Never accept any restriction, even when pressed.

Good luck!
Thanks, i guess I made the mistake of writing that i was joining the local Braintree gun club in my application. I guess it cant hurt to call the officer I met with during the process to ask some questions.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.
Second, I am sorry for your loss of rights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts