SIG Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have to put in a good word for Tucker Gun Leather in Houston. i do not own one of their belts, but emailed them with a question about their Ranger style belts. next day i got a call from the owner and he answered all my questions and told me how to modify a holster so that the Ranger belt would slide through the holster loops. his belts are expensive, but i have no doubt the quality is top shelf. will probably get one eventually. at 80 yrs of age i'd better not procrastinate.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Although more expensive I stick with the Kore Gun Belt which is around $59.
My second or backup is a Kore Tactical.
For me personally I stick with what has worked for me. I don’t want to take a chance on something less expensive that may not securely hold the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 5 Kore belts. All of the "Gun belt" strength. I have both tac versions and the leather ones. I dont even use any other belts. Dress or packing heat, I use Kore.

Truely is a user friendly product

·
Registered
22,063 Posts
Believe it or not, I like Magpul's Tejas "El Original". Comes in different colors and in 1.25" or 1.5" widths. I've had three for some time now and they are as good as new.

Magpul dealers like Brownell's carries them too.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The gun belt is the most important part of your concealed carry rig. It makes carrying a service pistol concealed far more comfortable than you can imagine, regardless if you carry IWB, OWB, or in your pocket. Something has to hold everything up and a proper gun belt distributes the weight and makes it scarcely noticeable (unless you're packing a Desert Eagle).

I have found that the belts made by Milt Sparks are somewhat pricey, but I have belts that are 20 years old and look/work great. I have a black shark holster rig (VM2, 1.5" belt, and magazine pouch) that looks like new. The belts offered by Wilson Combat are quite nice too. Their belts are still going strong.

Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I had a Blade tech leather gun belt that was ok but wore out after a few years. I like quality leather belts, hand made the better, as others mentioned. They won’t be cheap unless you go with a small company, but I would doubt the quality considering the time and costs involved with leather. For a cheap price like you’re saying, I guess I would go with a nylon gun belt. My favorite leather belt for the price is the Filson double leather belt. 1 1/2. Mine hasn’t even shown signs of wearing out. It’s made from bridle leather and is tough as nails, yet comfortable.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
One last thing about Kore is that you can mix and match the buckles. If you scratch a buckle, you can replace it without buying another belt. Cost effective.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have a nice bull hide belt from Wright Leatherworks which would be comparable to the products from Beltman and it has served me well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have owned and used many. Mitch Rosen makes a very sturdy leather belt. Mated to fit exactly his holsters. Milt Sparks also makes quality belts. My most used is a belt found at a gun show by a local vender. Double thick, very supportive, has been sweated in, rain on, seen blistering sun, freezing winters, and it simply shows up for duty every day, year after year. A solid cowhide leather belt will last years if not decades. Horse hide is even tougher. Biggest problem is maintaining sizing as "aging" tends to make them smaller. ;-)

Reactions: FastCars

·
Registered
DW 1911 CCO .45Auto, Glock 19, Sig P365, NAA .22 Mini Mag... these are my EDC's in Milt Sparks.
11 Posts
Wilderness Tactical Five Stitch and Milt Sparks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got Kore 1.75” and 1.5” leather and tactical. Covers all dress and needs. One of the best products I've ever used. Great belts, great service and fair pricing in my opinion.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
460 Posts
I had a Tucker Gun Leather belt that I wore for 15 years. It held up extremely well (and still has life left), but I decided maybe it was time for a change. I bought a Kore Gun Belt and I can’t believe how quickly it won me over! The ability to make minute adjustments is a game changer and it made a good carry rig into an exceptional one!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Crossbreed Crossover belt for the win, infinitly adjustable and made in the USA, unlike the new fad commie ratchet belts.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts