SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Blade-Tech UCB. Really happy with the quality and ratchet system. I'm looking to get a backup that's a little less expensive. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Although more expensive I stick with the Kore Gun Belt which is around $59.
My second or backup is a Kore Tactical.
For me personally I stick with what has worked for me. I don’t want to take a chance on something less expensive that may not securely hold the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,551 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I’ve worn the crossbreed gun belt for 2 years now. Initially it was great but it has definitely developed a sag. Recently I picked up the Vedder Cobra Quick Release. I am getting ready to call them and do a return. The buckle is very difficult to release and the thing squeaks when I walk. Thinking about trying a Bigfoot belt next.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Original Instructor Belt

this is what i have, I actually have 2 of them, i like them because if the velcro wears out, you can send it in and have it repaired for about 1/2 the cost of a new belt.

i have only worn the velcro out on one of them, and i think it was like 6 years of use

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
+ 1 for 5.11

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I have the beltman belt. Solid. After a couple to 3 years the buckle is starting to pit. I may see if he can make me another one.

·
Premium Member
36,501 Posts
Gun shows in Kansas, there is a couple that make belts and holsters.
I bought a double thickness belt about 5 years ago, that after every day use, still looks like new for 25.00. It barely has a bend where the buckle is against it.
About 3 years ago, I went up to buy one 3" bigger to do IWB easier.
When I walked up and looked at belts, he asked if the 2 year old one had worn out, or failed. What a memory, as I am far from memorable.

Few things in life have I been more satisfied with.
It doesn't take a brand name. Just a well made double thickness good belt.
There are lots of leathercraft people out there, that know their craft.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts