SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Conceal carrying the P320 for one year.

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  TUCCI 
#1 ·
Figured with the recent threads talking about how these forums bring out the negative stories instead of the positive ones, I'd post one about the positive. Hopefully others can chime in with their own.

I bought my P320 in early 2016, and began carrying it as a concealed weapon a little after that. I was impressed with how accurate I was with it, and how the fit and finish continued on trucking after defensive pistol courses, etc.
I took it through its first defensive pistol course in the brisk cold and shot around 500 flawless rounds. Double taps, rapid fire, etc.
Its second course was as a sidearm to a carbine class. Not as many rounds, but still functioned flawlessly. The third and fourth classes were more advanced pistol courses with the 320 being run from concealment. This time the class was ruggedly hot and the 320 ran flawlessly with dirt and sweat all over it.

This pistol has been my primary CCW this year and I'm nearing 4000 rounds now without a single malfunction. I've recently ordered a new recoil spring for when I cross the 5000 round threshold.
Inspecting the firing pin springs, channel, extractor, etc shows a pistol that is durable and finely made for high round counts.

I've been thoroughly happy with my SIG p320 and throughout all its been through, I trust my life to it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll chime in....

I am a few months behind you, have been carrying my P320 since Sept of last year, 6 days a week. On that 7th day I am at my church Director of Music job, and it isn't appropriate to wear it.

My story is very much the same, only with fewer training classes. I have about 3000 rounds through mine, no malfunction, and yes, even in my rookie, newbie way, I trust my life and those I am responsible for with it, with no reservations.

I was fortunate to discover the P320 very early, and it has been my only weapon so far.

I love it.

The same can be said for my Walkyrie and her 938 and 238 BUG.

We are a confirmed Sig family.

Reactions: rlk and olbriar
#5 ·
Reactions: hardluk1
#3 · (Edited)
Well I'm with you on the merits of the 320. I have been running them since early 2015, I was an early adopter as I picked one up for testing. AT that time our administration was considering going to dept issues duty weapons, and so myself and the other instructors had several pistol we were looking at. The department issued weapons, went by the wayside, thanks to me..^_^, but the 320 hands down impressed everyone that got to shoot it.

Anyway fast forward to now and I have two P320's, and X carry on order, and about 10 officers in my department of 50 have converted over to the 320. I have been through several classes with my 320 and my early 2015 version has about 10k rounds through it at this point. It has not had a single failure and continues to be my range beater. My second 320 is an early 2017 version and it goes with me everywhere and is carried on and off duty every day. It has also been flawless through 4k.

I carried Glocks for a very long time in my LE career and have tried just about every other pistol out there. The 320 for my personal criteria beat out my glocks, and they all reside in my safe now. Over 20 years ago I started as an LE carrying Sig pistols, and it looks like I will end my career carrying Sig pistols. No complaint from me, other than the wait for my X carry...:lol:

TXPO

#4 · (Edited)
After carrying Kahrs for 12 years and shooting weekly with out a single issue even buying my first one from a disgruntled owner at a range but it was reliable for me . If not for several hand surgery's I would more than likely still be CC'n a tp40 kahr and not sure I would have my p320 now but like other brands and models of handguns I own its a good one too! I learned quickly not to pay attention to some one whining on a forum or at a range about there firearm problems and look at it as a chance to get another firearm cheap . My other carry option today is a S&W 669 that's 30 years old .

I have carried my p320c now for 2 years and 3 months and like other firearms I hunt with or have carried thru the years its reliable but no more or less then a 8 other brands I have . Surely not a brand fan . To many good firearms out there to enjoy to be any brand fan boy .

Heck I trying real hard not to buy a canik tp9sfx just for fun .

I know that every marker of firearms will have some issues to deal with on occasion so if you have one of the problem firearm deal with it like an adult and no whining on the forums !!

#6 ·
Glad to hear you're happy with your 320. I think these are fine guns, and I don't believe the Army would have chosen it if it were not up to the task. I see these guns filling billets in a lot of LEAs across the country, and once the P320 has time to perform in the ranks, I think it will see more world-wide duty.

#16 ·
Some, not all are encouraged to carry at church. I am one and do reguarly.

Just over a year now with the P320 as my EDC and could not be happier with it a as a primary side arm. Just this week backed off from the Sig 357 version to my 9mm version and swapped it back to Carry from Compact.

Like I said in another thread, if carrying a 30oz P225 (my other EDC) is fine then I will carry a bit more ammo with my P320 in most cases.

They are now my main two for rotation. The 320 in all of its guises are just fantastic guns. I do prefer them with the GG triggers. All but one of mine have them and that last one will get the treatment soon.

I tend to pamper my other Sig's but the 320 are "duty" guns so I fuss over them less.

#11 ·
I also have had a over a year of edc with the 320sc/c/RX. I have 2200 rounds through the sc, not one issue. I have 1200 rounds through my compact and have had 1 fte at about the 800 round count, no issue since. I have 3400 through my compact RX w/ no issues. Love shooting the gun and it's been an excellent carry option.

I tend to carry the compact more than my sc but summers (June-Aug) I tend to carry the sc quite a bit.

#12 ·
It's obvious to see that you all have the same problem with your P320 as I have with mine. It won't let you get any malfunction practice.

When I practice with my P320C or SC, I shoot 200 - 300 rounds with a lot of holster work and a bunch of running and and gunning. My P320C recently took me thru a 2 day course where we shot over 500 rounds.

Between the two pistols, I have shot at least 3,000 rounds with 100% reliability.

#14 ·
I carry a single stack 9mm about 75% of the time and a compact, medium P320 9mm the rest of the time. The compact carries very nicely, and I really don't notice a difference in weight or size. The main reason I grab a single stack is when my shirts are a bit tighter than others. The only very minor negative about the P320 is the sandpaper-like feel of the grip against my back. I carry at ~4:30 IWB with hybrid holsters.

#18 ·
First off, buy bigger shirts - ain't nobody wantin to see you in a skinny shirt! ;)

Second, do one of two things - Get Talon grip tape, makes it feel so much better. Next, I can't stand anything next to my skin. I started wearing those dry weave compression shirts sometime back and just love them now as undershirts. They fit tight, keep me dry and serve as a very nice separation between my holsters and my skin.

#15 ·
Here in rural Texas, i usually had a Uberti SAA in .357 open carried. Since i got my P320, that has become my carry gun. I just ordered an aliengear iwb, for those days where i have to go places that allow concealed but not open,(i.e. my bank). So much lighter, and for an old revolver guy, i was shocked at just how good this gun fit my hand, and even more happily surprised when i saw just how accurately i could shoot with it. If this would have been the Army's sidearm when i was in Iraq, i would have raised more Cain about getting issued a pistol to compliment my M-16 lol!

#17 ·
Remember Florida, churches are considered target rich environments for BG's or other crazies out there. Here in AZ we can carry anywhere CC or open, except for gov buildings and other areas that have proper signage. i sometimes go from CC to OC if i'm in a bad neighborhood or carrying a lot of cash, and as soon as i get in my vehicle it comes out of holster and goes on a gun magnet under the dash. no more brandishing laws here with both CC and OC with no permit needed, although i still get mine so i don't have to wait for instacheck when buying.

#19 ·
Similar story to many of the others from me. After 1+ years of carrying the 9mm compact model (not everyday since I sometimes carry a Shield 45), I have nothing but good to say about this pistol. Accurate, reliable, excellent trigger, and it carries and conceals easily (OWB for me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.