SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and new to Sigs as well. I just purchased my first and it is a P229 C in 9mm. Prior to purchasing I had done a lot of reading about conceal carry holsters for the normal size P229 but I ended up buying the carry model. Being that they are relatively uncommon and new, does anyone have a good place to look for a holster that is made for them. Not sure if I want IWB or OWB yet.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Welcome from NC. Holsters are a personal thing, you have to find the one you want, generally go through several before you find the one for you.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I use my P320 CrossBreed for my P229c. works just fine.

Wait, reverse that. I use my P229r CrossBreed holster for my P229c and P320, when I am not using another holster. Works fine for all of them.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. IWB options are many. As far as Kydex I would look at Stealthgear USA. Very comfortable and the fit and finish is great. I have the ventcore. I also have an Alien Gear. It is about half the price and I believe you get what you pay for. You can tinker a lot with the Alien Gear. Leather I would go with Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Extremely comfortable and very concealable. Only problem is that the lead time is outrageous due to its popularity. Another good option in Kydex is the Blackpoint tactical. There is some discomfort until the leather wing breaks in. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I haven't anything to add to the posts above. It often takes more than one holster before you find the one that's perfect for YOU. Everyone is different and enjoy the many options available for Sigs. Decide if you want to carry inside or outside the waist band and where on your waist you think best and choose a quality maker and go for it. You won't hate anything you buy. You may well like another over previous trials. That's the way of it.
Good luck in your quest. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Sauer forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns.
I've been an avid collector and a shooter for decades, but I never stop learning,
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.

JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The P229C is really just a P224 with a longer grip. I bought a Baseline from High Noon Holsters, for the P224. Haven't carried in it yet, but gun fits in it fine. I would suggest looking for P224 holsters if you want an exact fit.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The P229C is really just a P224 with a longer grip. I bought a Baseline from High Noon Holsters, for the P224. Haven't carried in it yet, but gun fits in it fine. I would suggest looking for P224 holsters if you want an exact fit.
This here. I use a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for my 224. I read somewhere that a 229C owner uses the same holster with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Exactly. I have both P224 and P229C and use same holsters both IWB and OWB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.