SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Sig Pro 2022 with a small grip compare with the P320 that comes with medium grip? Wife has small hands and I thought we had settled on the P320 but that's another story.

So, overall size comparison between the two as well as grip size will be most helpful. Really appreciate this info. Local LGS's do not have either model. I had a 2340 many years ago but can't remember how it compares.:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I no longer own an SP2022, but one thing to consider is trigger reach. The DA/SA SP2022 will have farther to reach the trigger for the first shot than the striker-fired P320.
Tomac

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
triggers???

Beyond grips both offer the thinner trigger.......... and if she has really small hands why the medium grip instead of the small?

·
Registered
809 Posts
My son got a P320 Compact/Small frame yesterday and we compared his P320 to my SP2022 last night. With the Medium frame, the P320's grip seemed about the same size as the SP2022 with the Small grip. With the Small frame, the P320's grip was clearly smaller. The biggest difference in the P320 frames appeared to be in the Small frame having a deeper curvature at the web of the hand, resulting in a shorter trigger reach.

If I had flat base plates for the SP2022's magazines, the SP2022 and P320 Compact would be essentially the same size. Before a side-by-side comparison, I had the distinct impression that the P320 Compact was smaller than the SP2022.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beyond grips both offer the thinner trigger.......... and if she has really small hands why the medium grip instead of the small?
Thanks for the comparison gc70, that helps a lot.

Larry: I really didn't want to get into a detailed explanation but: The problem is I cannot get a P320 here in NY (Sig not shipping 10 rounders yet.) I can get the PRO 2022.

The wife handled the P250C which is more or less the same size as the P320 carry and it's a good fit. LGS didn't have a PRO to feel. Unfortunately, if and when Sig starts shipping the P320 to NY with 10 round mags, they come with the medium grip so there is another 40 bucks down the drain to get a small grip.

The small grip for the Pro 2022 is only 20 bucks and the PRO is a lot cheaper so therefore I am trying to get a handle on the size of the 2022 compared to the P320 (or P250.)

All that aside, does anyone else have both the PRO 2022 and P320 carry?

Really appreciate the help.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SP2022 grip is fatter. The p320c is wonderful. Your options:

1. buy the p320c

2. new wife with larger hands.

:p ;)
Good one BPman: I would like to go with option one but see post above. Option two is a no go---eeeek--man hands!:D

·
Registered
809 Posts
A little more information.

Here is a photo of P250 Compact grips showing the dimensions of the grips.

And here is a photo of the four different sizes of P320s. The most visible difference I saw last night between the Compact/Medium and Compact/Small modules was that the space between the texturing on the back and side of the grips converged to nearly nothing at the top of the textured areas on the Compact/Small module.

BTW, SIG's naming of the P320 models has been a pain. The P250 came in Full Size, Compact, and Sub-Compact. Corresponding P320 models were the Full Size, Carry, and Sub-Compact. During 2014, SIG changed the name of the P320 Carry to Compact, corresponding with the P250 (and other SIG lines). But to add to confusion, SIG introduced a new Carry model which has the grip length of a Full Size coupled with a Compact slide.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My son got a P320 Compact/Small frame yesterday and we compared his P320 to my SP2022 last night. With the Medium frame, the P320's grip seemed about the same size as the SP2022 with the Small grip. With the Small frame, the P320's grip was clearly smaller. The biggest difference in the P320 frames appeared to be in the Small frame having a deeper curvature at the web of the hand, resulting in a shorter trigger reach.

If I had flat base plates for the SP2022's magazines, the SP2022 and P320 Compact would be essentially the same size. Before a side-by-side comparison, I had the distinct impression that the P320 Compact was smaller than the SP2022.
Not that it means a lot but, all of that would be consistent with my experiences.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
I have the P320c and the SP2022... I think the P320c is a tad smaller. My vote is for the P320. I like it for the consistent trigger pull.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the comparison gc70, that helps a lot.

Larry: I really didn't want to get into a detailed explanation but: The problem is I cannot get a P320 here in NY (Sig not shipping 10 rounders yet.) I can get the PRO 2022.

The wife handled the P250C which is more or less the same size as the P320 carry and it's a good fit. LGS didn't have a PRO to feel. Unfortunately, if and when Sig starts shipping the P320 to NY with 10 round mags, they come with the medium grip so there is another 40 bucks down the drain to get a small grip.

The small grip for the Pro 2022 is only 20 bucks and the PRO is a lot cheaper so therefore I am trying to get a handle on the size of the 2022 compared to the P320 (or P250.)

All that aside, does anyone else have both the PRO 2022 and P320 carry?

Really appreciate the help.:)
Let me be clear, I don't know the logistics required or demanded by NY law. Is there a reason you've ruled out the 250 in SC? I will also assume you are talking 9mm.

Yes, I have a 2022 and the 250 in C. The 250/320 C/Carry is *marginally* smaller than the 2022. If $ is a major consideration you might also talk to Top Gun about their used 2009 's and grips, with a thin trigger. They'll also know about compatibility.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
A little more information.

Here is a photo of P250 Compact grips showing the dimensions of the grips.

And here is a photo of the four different sizes of P320s. The most visible difference I saw last night between the Compact/Medium and Compact/Small modules was that the space between the texturing on the back and side of the grips converged to nearly nothing at the top of the textured areas on the Compact/Small module.

BTW, SIG's naming of the P320 models has been a pain. The P250 came in Full Size, Compact, and Sub-Compact. Corresponding P320 models were the Full Size, Carry, and Sub-Compact. During 2014, SIG changed the name of the P320 Carry to Compact, corresponding with the P250 (and other SIG lines). But to add to confusion, SIG introduced a new Carry model which has the grip length of a Full Size coupled with a Compact slide.

Those of us who did that kind of thing first.....do we get a cut on that action?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I have both. Normally I run the med grip on the 2022.

Being in CA I know the pain of not being about to get certain firearms. 10 round limits, Rosters, etc. are a real PITA.

My question is how does she feel about striker fired vs DA/SA hammer fired? I think this is the more important decision point.

You can get a short reach trigger for the sp2022.

If you need more measurements than the charts above provide, shout out.

Also, the 250 "new grip style" mags fit the 320.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Let me be clear, I don't know the logistics required or demanded by NY law. Is there a reason you've ruled out the 250 in SC? I will also assume you are talking 9mm.
Sorry to jump in here, but the SC come with 12 round mags. That's a no go for those of us in restricted states. Some FFLs will ship without mags as long as the firearm itself is not prohibited. Of course, then you're on your own for mags. Some FFLs, if licensed properly, will block the mags down to the legal limit.

My 320 shipped with 15 round mags that are permanently blocked to 10. I was able to find some factory 10 round mags but that was quite a hunt.

The issue for us around caliber xchange kits is the mag capacity. No kits to CA because there are none with 10 round mags. Sig says the will release kits with 10 rounds but not yet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yes, I have a 2022 and the 250 in C. The 250/320 C/Carry is *marginally* smaller than the 2022. If $ is a major consideration you might also talk to Top Gun about their used 2009 's and grips, with a thin trigger. They'll also know about compatibility.
Thanks again Larry for your responses--appreciate them. I have indeed ruled out the P250 sub, or any other sub compact because this will be a range gun--teaching the wife to shoot a 9mm without too much hand pain/fatigue. Wife also ruled out the Walther PPS, the S&W Shield, Ruger LC9s, etc. No Glocks or Springers either.

I have email in to Tom and Michele at Top Gun Supply about mags swaps. Wife reached the trigger very well on a standard P229 so I think the Pro 2022 with a small grip will be the best, unless of course, I can get a P320C with 10 round mags.

Thanks to all for your input.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts