SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'd like to start cutting down on the amount of money I'm spending on ammo since I've been going to the range a lot more. I have a P226 in 9mm. I have never purchased commercially remanufactured ammo before but it seems to be a great deal on gunbot.net.

What remanufactured ammo has worked for you and where have you bought it? What would you suggest?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven't tried anything from Gunbot but I've put about 500 rounds of 9mm Freedom Munitions 115gr Reman and probably 300 rounds of their .45 reman down range without a single problem. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all. That said, they don't charge much more for their new than their remans so I may spend the extra $10 per 1000 rounds next time and try those out.

ETA: Didn't realize Gunbot was an ammo price tracker. Sweet site, I'll be bookmarking that one for sure.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ultramax. Simply the best! Welcome from WV!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haven't tried anything from Gunbot but I've put about 500 rounds of 9mm Freedom Munitions 115gr Reman and probably 300 rounds of their .45 reman down range without a single problem. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all. That said, they don't charge much more for their new than their remans so I may spend the extra $10 per 1000 rounds next time and try those out.

ETA: Didn't realize Gunbot was an ammo price tracker. Sweet site, I'll be bookmarking that one for sure.
+1. I have shot a bunch of their .40 and 9mm with no issues.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Agree on Freedom. First time customers get free shipping and you will have no sales tax. Check the 250 quantities as they are often slightly cheaper(per round) than the 500 or even 1000 rnd orders. I went through another box tonight...no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
You cant beat Freedom Munitions for range ammo. I used them for 9mm, 40, and 38spl, before returning to reloading.
Now I used their bullets (Extreme Bullets) for all my reloading.
Waiting on A special so I can restock my supplies

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have bought from Lax ammo and have had very good experience in the past.

After checking Freedom's website, I think they will probably get my next order for range ammo though, especially with all the +1's they are getting here.

Has anyone reloaded their brass? I assume it is standard once-shot mixed manufacture but just checking. My press is not set up right now but saving all my brass for when it is.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
LAX, Ultramax, Georgia Arms, Freedom Munitions.

Reactions: fairlanericky

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone reloaded their brass? I assume it is standard once-shot mixed manufacture but just checking. My press is not set up right now but saving all my brass for when it is.
I haven't reloaded it but you're right. Seems to be a bunch of once fired, mixed vendor brass.

·
Registered
17,721 Posts
I have bought from Lax ammo and have had very good experience in the past.

After checking Freedom's website, I think they will probably get my next order for range ammo though, especially with all the +1's they are getting here.

A guy and his son occasionally shoot with me and they buy all their stuff from Freedom in .45 ACP, 9MM and .380 ACP. They give me all their brass as they don't reload.

I've reloaded all 3 of the calibers from the empties they gave me and they work fine.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Freedom Munitions has worked great for me. I use 9mm, 45ACP, .223-5.56, and .308. I often buy their new stuff since it is usually only a few cents a round difference. I've had more issues with Federal and Winchester bulk ammo than I have had with Freedom(Zero issues with Freedom)

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
LAX, Ultramax, Georgia Arms, Freedom Munitions.
+1

I've had good results with all of these, the customer service is quite good, also.

I bought a couple thousand Georgia Arms Canned Heat in 357 SIG as seed brass for reloading, the rounds ran very well and were respectably hot. Not your typical watered down load.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Well for first timers this isn't a deal but, for already customers if you act TODAY....$7.50 flat rate freight at Freedom....just ordered a bunch (reman).

They were giving away free copper plated bullets at the NRA Convention which was neat.

Oh and if you order or go to the site suggest they start offering .357 SIG!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have purchased new 9mm from Freedom and reloaded the brass without any issues. The brass they use is Ammoload and some handloaders won't load them because of the step inside the body. I have no problems with Ammoload brass.

I have purchased re-manufactured 40S&W from them and also reloaded the brass. No issues using their brass from re-manufactured ammo. You just need to make sure your QA steps are good enough since you don't know many times the brass has been fired.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts