SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I sold this Colt Combat Commander to my father-in-law so I could pay for a college class for my wife. This was a time when things were really tight. So my wife took this class and got a certificate to be a book editor which over the last couple of years really helped us get by. It was truly a blessing for us that my father-in-law bought it from me. And my wife is an incredible editor.
Anyway, today I was able to buy it back. He said he never shot it and it just sat in its case in a drawer. I didn’t think I would ever see this 1911 again. So I am thrilled to have it in my possession again!
Vertebrate Everyday carry Knife Hunting knife Blade
Toolbox Product Blue Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
346 Posts
Family comes first and foremost always.

Glad Mrs. Papa Sig was able to obtain her certification. Also, happy that your FIL kept the 1911, never fired it and sold it back to you.

Now, get out and shoot it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great story. Glad you were able to get it back. I'm another guy who let my Commander go ( back in the eighties) and have regretted it ever since. I'm looking at re-acquiring some version of a "Commander sized" handgun as I write this. I've been considering a Bul, but not limiting my options. I've been a closet fan of 38 Super for a long time but never owned one. Over the years I've collected a coffee can full of beautiful nickle plated 38 Super cases, just in case..! :)

·
Premium Member
Sig P365 SIGMPX SIG 220ELITE
61 Posts
Very happy for U too. You are fortunate to have such caring & supportive in-laws. The COMANDER is also one of my favorite COLTS. So pleased it got back to U. Now go out & run some of that Cool Older AMMO thru it. Enjoy!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts