SIG Talk banner

Clothing for concealed carry in the heat of summer

2311 Views 72 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  TacticalBuckeye85
Concealed carry is easier in the cold, but what about when the weather is temperate, or in the high heat of summer? What if you prefer to tuck in a shirt, or use a shoulder holster? How do you dress for concealed carry success?
Reactions: hauki
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

· Registered
628 Posts
Many companies now offer dress casual shirts that are designed to be worn untucked. I have several that my wife has purchased so I look more presentable when we are out and about instead of a t shirt.

I almost always carry OWB in kydex during the summer unless we are on the bike and then it is in my vest holster pocket.

When the first company called "untuckit" came out and ran an add I looked at my wife and laughed. Told her they are selling concealed carry shirts right out in the open and the antigunners don't even see it. 😂

· Registered
5,090 Posts
In order to wear a man-purse around here, I would have to grow enough hair to wear it in a pony tail or man-bun. Given the landscape on my head, I don’t think I have enough years left to grow the necessary hair!🤔😂
I’ve got enough hair, but still not carrying a murse.

I was reading all of the stuff he Carry's in his murse, and strapped onto his phone. I don’t even own half that stuff, and sure wouldn’t admit to carrying it around all day. I hope that when I finally retire, some member of my family takes inventory before I leave the house. Facial tissues???

· 🎖USAF Veteran
1,202 Posts
I’ve got enough hair, but still not carrying a murse.

I was reading all of the stuff he Carry's in his murse, and strapped onto his phone. I don’t even own half that stuff, and sure wouldn’t admit to carrying it around all day. I hope that when I finally retire, some member of my family takes inventory before I leave the house. Facial tissues???
Yes, facial tissues. Ever have to blow your nose? The only thing I ever have in a pants pocket is the fob for my car, and that is in my watch pocket. I got my first carryall bag when I got tired of having my hip hurt from having my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it in the car. Works great and I have never gotten any guff from anybody about carrying it.

· Registered
5,090 Posts
Yes, facial tissues. Ever have to blow your nose? The only thing I ever have in a pants pocket is the fob for my car, and that is in my watch pocket. I got my first carryall bag when I got tired of having my hip hurt from having my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it in the car. Works great and I have never gotten any guff from anybody about carrying it.
I get it, Brother. 🤣😂
If you feel the need to have all that stuff, you certainly need to have something to carry it in.

This is what I use to carry my stuff. I have a roll of that multi purpose tissue behind the seat. If I ever come to the point where I need a brush, I will just get a bigger truck.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

· Super Moderator
P365X/P365XL
1,409 Posts
Concealed carry is easier in the cold, but what about when the weather is temperate, or in the high heat of summer? What if you prefer to tuck in a shirt, or use a shoulder holster? How do you dress for concealed carry success?
Well in Florida the standard mode of dress is shorts and a T-shirt. In summer of course but depending on where you are in Florida it's not unusual to be dressed like that at Christmas.

If you want to tuck in a shirt then a pocket pistol is a good option. Or one of those tuckable IWB holsters. Won't give you the quickest access to the pistol, but at least you'll have it. For a shoulder holster I've seen folks simply were some sort of vest. Not a tactical vest but more like a fashion or cargo style vest. Depending on what you're wearing. I've even used a CCW specific fanny pack. Yeah, I know the 90's called but it works.

Normally I just wear a light undershirt underneath a T-shirt and then carry IWB.

Reactions: IngramTx

· Registered
94 Posts
The fact that that woman had her purse stolen does not make carrying a gun off body bad or wrong. She was careless and paid for her carelessness. My carryall bag has a heavy wire cord stitched into the shoulder belt to prevent a thief from slashing the belt and stealing the bag. I am very careful with mine and carry it cross body if I am anywhere that I feel is questionable. I am also very situationally aware wherever I am. If you carry on body and print, a thief could just as easily smack you down and steal your gun. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not make it unquestionably correct.
And I can't count the 100's of reports that the crossbody straps were cut off the victims who had that type of purse removed and stolen when I was an LEO for over 27 years... but your entitled to how you wear your firearm, just remember your also responsible should it fall into the wrong hands and what it does.

· Registered
P226 MK-25, P220 Elite, P320 AXG Scorpion, P320 AXG Classic
299 Posts
When the temperature skyrockets in Texas, my base layer is the thinnest available moisture-wicking t-shirt or golf shirt between my skin and my Garrett IWB holsters. Top layer is the lightest available moisture-wicking cover shirt in a print or dark solid. This is the coolest combination I have discovered, if you are looking for a 2-layer setup for heavier carry pistols such as I use. Below, it's still jeans for rugged work, or cargo shorts otherwise.

· Registered
439 Posts
I wear Hawaiian/Mexican Wedding style shirts in the summer so OWB/IWB holsters are good.
I use a Phlster Enigma holster which is good for anytime. The Enigma was developed to wear under scrubs and nurse type clothing. It has a separate belt for the holster so it doesn't tug on pants, shorts, sweats, etc. I "love" mine.

· Registered
628 Posts
And I can't count the 100's of reports that the crossbody straps were cut off the victims who had that type of purse removed and stolen when I was an LEO for over 27 years... but your entitled to how you wear your firearm, just remember your also responsible should it fall into the wrong hands and what it does.
That is why the good ones have double braided steel on the inside so the poor guy will end up with a dull knife to be passed down to whoever claims the body.

· 🎖USAF Veteran
1,202 Posts
I get it, Brother. 🤣😂
If you feel the need to have all that stuff, you certainly need to have something to carry it in.
Much of that stuff I never had with me before the carryall. The carryall has the space and makes it easy to take along things I might need while out. I never take the pistol out if going somewhere I am not allowed to carry just so I can still take the carryall. It stays at home and I go with just my phone and the few things in its case.

Reactions: TerminalSigness

· Registered
5,090 Posts
Much of that stuff I never had with me before the carryall. The carryall has the space and makes it easy to take along things I might need while out. I never take the pistol out if going somewhere I am not allowed to carry just so I can still take the carryall. It stays at home and I go with just my phone and the few things in its case.
I have a saying I use on my remodeling jobs.
“If I build it, they will fill it”

· Registered
7 Posts
We spend most of the winter in FL and I carry a 365XL in a Remora either IWB if my shorts have only elastic and if wearing a belt generally between my belt and shorts. Happy with both methods. I also carry a P238 in a Remora IWB and use a Mitch Rosen OWB. As you can imagine, it’s much less likely to print even with a t shirt. Love the Remora but it can be hot against the skin.

· Registered
122 Posts
When it is no longer cold here in NW Indiana, I wear cargo shorts and tee shirt. Maybe a long sleeved henley and cargo shorts if it's a little cool. I pocket carry, in that type of weather and clothing.
Fellow Region guy myself, born and raised in Crown Point / Merrillville area. Glad I moved a few states away tho 🤣

41 - 60 of 73 Posts