SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

馃帠USAF Veteran
Brilliant!
And my carryall bag holds my glasses, notepad and pen and pencil, facial tissues, hand sanitizer, hair brush - everything but my phone. That goes into a holder that also holds my driver's license, LTC, credit cards, medical insurance card and cash, if I have any. So I can leave my carryall bag at home if going somewhere where I am not allowed to carry, and my phone case has all I need to be a legal driver, keep a medical appointment and pay for my copay. Is that organized or what?

Reactions: hauki

Registered
these concealed wear threads should merge and become a sticky. a new one every other week it seems. I carry "compact" if you will, a 1911 commander and a Springfield XDM-e in florida. untucked tee shirt with a collared shirt (aloha style) over it. For those who say it's too hot, I'm smart enough not to be exercising or doing anything strenuous midday

Reactions: hauki

Registered
This is how I carry all year long, no matter what the weather is or what I am wearing. Easy quick draw and never prints.

I knew a gun instructor that was very arrogant who after shopping at Costco had her ah gun purse in the child seat of her cart, all women leave their purses in the child seat and become complacent... well she was putting away groceries and was being watched, and you guessed it someone came by and quickly snatch her purse and Glock 19 with it. Guns for defense are to be worn on your person, no a cross body back that can be snatched from you while you get drug down to the ground until you give it up.

Many say it will never happen to me, but time will tell.

Registered
I knew a gun instructor that was very arrogant who after shopping at Costco had her ah gun purse in the child seat of her cart, all women leave their purses in the child seat and become complacent... well she was putting away groceries and was being watched, and you guessed it someone came by and quickly snatch her purse and Glock 19 with it.
This method of purse theft is common. They are often stolen also when pumping gas and the purse is unattended in the seat.

Registered
In order to wear a man-purse around here, I would have to grow enough hair to wear it in a pony tail or man-bun. Given the landscape on my head, I don鈥檛 think I have enough years left to grow the necessary hair!馃馃槀
They make a clip on man bun, just to save time. Now you can get that man-purse. :p

馃帠USAF Veteran
I knew a gun instructor that was very arrogant who after shopping at Costco had her ah gun purse in the child seat of her cart, all women leave their purses in the child seat and become complacent... well she was putting away groceries and was being watched, and you guessed it someone came by and quickly snatch her purse and Glock 19 with it. Guns for defense are to be worn on your person, no a cross body back that can be snatched from you while you get drug down to the ground until you give it up.

Many say it will never happen to me, but time will tell.
The fact that that woman had her purse stolen does not make carrying a gun off body bad or wrong. She was careless and paid for her carelessness. My carryall bag has a heavy wire cord stitched into the shoulder belt to prevent a thief from slashing the belt and stealing the bag. I am very careful with mine and carry it cross body if I am anywhere that I feel is questionable. I am also very situationally aware wherever I am. If you carry on body and print, a thief could just as easily smack you down and steal your gun. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not make it unquestionably correct.

Reactions: phlyers13 and hauki

Registered
Shirt tucked in is a whole new game for CC. Crossbreed and Alien Gear make those tuck type holsters, but they take some time to put on.

There's always the pocket holster. You just need a small gun. Carrying at 6 o'clock works too. It's just a bit of an effort to retrain for it.
This works well if you have pants with large enough pockets. I don't mean huge, but some pants/jeans pockets just won't accommodate a holster.

Registered

Registered
Shirt tucked in is a whole new game for CC. Crossbreed and Alien Gear make those tuck type holsters, but they take some time to put on.

This works well if you have pants with large enough pockets. I don't mean huge, but some pants/jeans pockets just won't accommodate a holster.
Well, yes, and it depends. A Ruger LCP in a Desantis Superfly holster fits in my jeans and formal pants side pocket fine (and I'm a medium height medium built guy). A Ruger LC9s in a bigger Superfly holster still fits, but it's tight. Too tight for easy extraction in some jeans, ok in some others. Anything bigger, like a Glock 26 or a J frame revolver - you need something like cargo pants or shorts.

Registered
Still haven't actually carried it, but I picked up a Bond Bullpup 9 for the front pocket of my jeans or shorts ...

21 - 40 of 73 Posts