SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concealed carry is easier in the cold, but what about when the weather is temperate, or in the high heat of summer? What if you prefer to tuck in a shirt, or use a shoulder holster? How do you dress for concealed carry success?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Florida. All year shorts and either Tank Top , 9 Line tee or collared shirt. Should wear large but switched to XL for comfort and conceal. OWB always. Wilson combat makes nice shirts for conceal carry. A little longer off coverage. If I’m out of the house I’m carrying. I sometimes print a little but never had a problem.
Photograph Product Textile Wood Sleeve
Glasses Dog Cloud Sky Sunglasses
Plant Dog People in nature Tree Carnivore
Car Plant Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Cloud Sky Shorts Flash photography Happy

· Registered
5,186 Posts
I’m too busy to worry much about it. If I’m working, which is most of the time 🥵 I start out concealed, but it doesn’t last very long.
I have no idea how you are going to use a shoulder holster in the summer, much less with your shirt tucked in. Wearing two shirts, ain’t gonna happen with me.

· 🎖USA Retired
468 Posts
Well I guess it also depends on the gun you want to carry and your build or body type. I can get away with my Alien Gear holster in shorts and a t-shirt in the summer no problem. The Alien gear holster is the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever used. Now in the hot humid summers here in Va. I have to wipe down pistol and I let the holster set out and make sure all is dry for next days use. You can tuck your shirt in with this holster but kind of a pain to do so. The two black clips will still show. So a few people that pay attention will see them and know.
The Alien Gear holster and a Sig P365 or P365XL in the summertime no problems.

· 🎖USAF Veteran
1,203 Posts
This is how I carry all year long, no matter what the weather is or what I am wearing. Easy quick draw and never prints.

Reactions: PA P365 and hauki

· Registered
1,016 Posts
Suit trousers Dress shirt Microphone Sleeve Gesture

Face Smile Glasses Shoe Hairstyle

Smile Outerwear White Dress shirt Neck

I believe the fashion rule that our original post is in search of is:
WHITE IS RIGHT AFTER MEMORIAL DAY

Here at the ranch we never confuse casual and comfortable with sloppy and unkempt. As a concealed weapon carrier never forget that you are a role model to American youth.​

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is how I carry all year long, no matter what the weather is or what I am wearing. Easy quick draw and never prints.

Brilliant!

· Registered
332 Posts
@Sudsc61 has it right IMHO. Also, Landsend.com sells Tall polo shirts. Tall shirts have a longer tail. A longer tail covers OWB. For some body types a Tall shirt in Large will cover just as well as an XL and look/fit better than an XL.

· Registered
98 Posts
When it is no longer cold here in NW Indiana, I wear cargo shorts and tee shirt. Maybe a long sleeved henley and cargo shorts if it's a little cool. I pocket carry, in that type of weather and clothing.

Reactions: hauki
1 - 20 of 73 Posts