SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a Sig p227 Equinox I'm not sure of finish on the trigger hammer ect. But I was wondering what could I use to clean these parts

Thanks

·
Administrator
38,392 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania! Simple green is a good choice. I've also used G96 "Complete Gun Treatment" without any issues for years.

·
Registered
11,514 Posts
I've gone to MIL Comm products exclusively. Using the MC25 cleaner with success and no ill affect on any finishes (Nitron, stainless, nickel and Ceracoat). MC50 bore cleaner is very effective though I keep it away from parts other than the barrel and breech face. Finish it off with TW25b lube on all wear surfaces with just a very light application to other metal surfaces.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank y'all very much. I call Sig customer service and they said to use Dawn dish soap and I wasn't comfortable use dish soap on my new $1000

Thanks for the welcomes.

My first pistol I bought was a Rock Island 1911 in 2012 witch I liked very much. 2013 I bought a XDm two tone I loved the grip on it but it was hard for me to keep my thumb off the slide-release. But when I saw the Equinox I knew I found my soulmate. We're bought the gun they only had two of them. As soon as I hung up the phone I sold both 1911 and XDm and within a week I had it. I'm now proud to say I'm a Sig Owner.

I will pics once I get her back looking good

Thanks Again

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome from Pa

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
The small parts are nickel so you shouldn't use ammoniated solvents like Hoppes #9, or others, on them if you intend to let them soak in it.

Those solvents will ruin the finish on your small parts if allowed to remain on them, personally I avoid using them on the nickel parts.

I clean my P220 Carry Equinox with Breakfree CLP and wipe it down regularly with G96 gun spray as a protectant.

I use Hoppes #9 to clean the barrel and then I clean it again with CLP which leaves a thin, protective, coating inside of the bore.

I grease it with TW25B.

The finish sill appears almost NIB after a little over 4 years of daily carry in a horsehide Super Tuck.

11,000 rounds of assorted range and duty ammunition without a stoppage or malfunction of any sort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.